Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual entry text

bogusmill

I want to put notes in with the code but not manually in code expert. In 2D tool paths at the bottom there is a manual entry selection (tool path) that I can put notes in to insert in the code where needed. Problem is it doesn't go where I put it. For example I may put it after the 2nd or 3rd operation but in the .NC file it appears on the first line, the N100 line. How can I make it show up where I need it?

As long as the Manual Entry is not your "1st" Operation, it should show up in the correct place. However, if you are using a Purchased Post Processor from a 3rd Party Post Developer, I suppose it is possible that they have done something non-standard in how the output from Manual Entry is handled.

What Post/Machine is this for?

I use Manual Entry paths all the time to do exactly what you're describing. Also, there are options in the Manual Entry path to output the data as "Code" or "Comments". So technically you can do a lot of different things with a Manual Entry path.

Put up a sample Zip 2 Go file that includes your MD/CD/PST files, and a sample Mastercam File showing the issue, and I'll take a look when I can...

You can save a manual entry as a file so you can reuse it later. if the post is set up right, you can add all kinds of information to a NC file.

I use all the time for stops to check parts, move clamps to a new position, leave notes for the operator,  I add code to the lathe programs for the bar feeder, ect.

38 minutes ago, Machineguy said:

You can save a manual entry as a file so you can reuse it later. if the post is set up right, you can add all kinds of information to a NC file.

I use all the time for stops to check parts, move clamps to a new position, leave notes for the operator,  I add code to the lathe programs for the bar feeder, ect.

You know, if your dump the paranthesis in the 1008 comments in your post, you can do most of those things right in your OP comments so you don't need all those manual entries.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, Colin Gilchrist said:

As long as the Manual Entry is not your "1st" Operation, it should show up in the correct place. However, if you are using a Purchased Post Processor from a 3rd Party Post Developer, I suppose it is possible that they have done something non-standard in how the output from Manual Entry is handled.

What Post/Machine is this for?

I use Manual Entry paths all the time to do exactly what you're describing. Also, there are options in the Manual Entry path to output the data as "Code" or "Comments". So technically you can do a lot of different things with a Manual Entry path.

Put up a sample Zip 2 Go file that includes your MD/CD/PST files, and a sample Mastercam File showing the issue, and I'll take a look when I can...

The post seems to be a mpmaster.pst with the revision log mostly by IHS. We use this same post on most of our machines, Fadals mostly, Awea VP2012 and a Mazak. I've tried it again and once it worked correctly and in my zip2go example it didn't output the note at all.

353A4231-2---REF.ZIP