Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T VMC Choices

robk

Sorry guys that I haven't been participating here in a while, but I'm swamped with work in here. I would like to hear from anyone with Kitamura experience. We have to make up our mind by this Friday wheather to buy a Mitsubishi or Kitamura. I have experience with Mitsubishi HMC's, but not VMC's. Both are priced about the same (Kitamura is about 15K more).Here is a breakdown of what each of these machines has.

Mitsubishi M-V70E/FM

50 Taper

Belt Drive

49.2/27.5/25.5---X/Y/Z Ranges

Rapid in all axes is 946 ipm

Max cutting Feed is 945 ipm

12,000 Rpm Spindle

40 HP-- Torque 310 lb.-ft

24 ATC Random Memory Shortest Path

Fanuc F-16iMA or F-15MB (not sure which one is on the machine)

Kitamura Mycenter-7X #50

50 Taper

3-range gear drive

60.2/25.6/27.0---X/Y/Z Ranges

Rapid in X, Y axes is 945 ipm

Rapid in Z is 787 ipm

Max cutting Feed is 787 ipm

5,000 Rpm Spindle

25 HP-- Torque 915.6 lb.-ft

40 ATC Random Bi-directional, Fixed pot

Fanuc F-16iMA

The machines are both brand new floor models, so adding tools is not an option. They both have very similar options included on them, and additional options will cost about the same.

The machine will be used for heavy milling of stainless steel so the 5K spindle on the Kitamura is not a big issue and the 12K on the Mits would be an overkill. I kind of have my mind set on the Kitamura because of the X axis travel, the amount of tools that it has and its torque. Service is also very important... Since Mits is no longer operating out of Kentucky their service has got to be the worst it could be. It takes days for someone to get here and look at one of the machines, or even return a phone call. Once the tech is out here, he does not know English (I certainly do not speak Japanese). How is the service for Kitamura? The sales guy tells me it's great (he needs the sale).

Sorry for rambling on, but I need some help very soon... There is no other machine choice for us. It is between those two(Makino was one, but it fell off this morning because they could not meet the delivery time). Thanks for any help in advance.

I have used the Kits in the past and find them to be nice machines.

I would say for waht you want to do you are better off with the kit.

As for service we have the local support out here so a day to get support was good.

I also like the Gear better then belt to.

Jay,

quote:

Ok Rob so when do I expect to see the machine at my house?

ROFLMAO

Seriously Rob. Remember to tell them the shipping address is listed on our website. Just tell them to send it here so we can look it over for you, and, you know, test it out. biggrin.gifcheers.gifbiggrin.gif