Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Best way to copy machine,control,post?

Leon82

1 hour ago, Leon82 said:

Make a copy and rename with the rename dll?

I would not make a copy and when you use the rename MD_CD_PST rename utility just make sure to go to the Configuration button and select the check box that says preserve original files (renamed ones are copies). that way it'll do all the copying and linking and still keep the originals since it sounds like you want 2 copies of the same post with different names

• Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, JoshC said:

I would not make a copy and when you use the rename MD_CD_PST rename utility just make sure to go to the Configuration button and select the check box that says preserve original files (renamed ones are copies). that way it'll do all the copying and linking and still keep the originals since it sounds like you want 2 copies of the same post with different names

Yes, that's what I want to do

36 minutes ago, David Colin said:

There is a pinned topic on this forum named: how to set up control definition default and it s an important thread to read.

Yes I have.

I want to change the way I did the probing the cycles because I have already canibalized the two misc drill cycles. It makes it easy to use but it can be cut in half and more cycles added

Last time I did it off the server and had to move everything back.

I can't modify the current one as there are files that need it as is