Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: Cool pics - Iraqi Freedom Truck

Thad

quote:

this is probably a stupid question but are those actual photos from a soldier who was there?

Now if I told you that, I'd have to kill you. biggrin.gif

quote:

are the people sending these to you reputable in regards to the legitimacy?

The Saddam pics were from a friend who got them from a friend. I've seen some of them published in books. They sure look authentic to me. Either that or someone is VERY good with Photoshop! biggrin.gif Actually, all the pics that I've posted are available on the net. Do a search for "sonic boom" and you can read the whole story about when the pic was taken.

Enjoy!

Thad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wally,

You have to have the pictures resident on a website somewhere, hence Thad's phrase:

quote:

Cool, HP Photo is still linking to my pics.

He's referring to the website HP Photo which is a place for people to upload photos so others can download them if they link to them. Provide the link to your photos by using the "Image" button in the Instant UBB Code box below the message box with a "full reply" instead of "quick reply". HTH cheers.gif

You know what Thad, the Tony Stewart image I have in my sig is hosted on HP photo aswell. I have not lost it either. I think that the letter went out to the accouts that have not been axcessed in a while, like a dead account.

That original thread that you linked to was the account I set up to share all of my Harley fest photo's. I set that up for all of the forum to view. It prolly has not been used in a while and thats why they are killing it.

My personal account there has not been affected.

weird

I shouldn't be so happy about this. This is what happenend the last time I thought I was getting over on someone.

When I'd stop at the gas station to get my coffee in the morning, on the receipt from the ATM machine would be a coupon for $1.50 off anything in the store. You rip the bottom off and use the coupon. I thought that was cool, I was getting some of my $3 ATM charge back. Hey...what if I only do a balance inquiry. That way I won't be charged for using the ATM, but I'll still get my coupon. So on a daily basis, I would walk in, check the balance on my checking account, check the balance on my savings account...etc, until I had enough coupons to cover my coffee, some donuts, a couple pops for work...whatever. Boy, look at me. I finally found a way to beat the system. Weeks later, the bank statement came in. $37.50 in fees!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

I showed them! biggrin.gif

Thad

quote:

Weeks later, the bank statement came in. $37.30 in fees!!!

Burned again huh Thad. so you got charged for just ckecking your account. sounds like a good time to get into the ATM bussiness. what better way to scew peeps over without ever having to see them. dont forget to smile in the camera next time mad.gif