Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Mill corner

Tedarencn

Could some guys tell me how to reduce feedrate when tool mill corner by Mastercam? Before I uses NX which has this function. It means that tool mill to corner,we can reduce feedrate to xx%, if not sometimes tool will be broken.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

there are 2 ways I know of...

1. right click on the toolpath, choose "toolpath editor". Select the "position" you want to edit then click "edit point". Make the change to the feedrate and green check out....

2.expand the operation in the ops manager and click the geometry branch. when the chain manager pops up, highlight the chain you want to edit, right click on it, choose "change at point", click the point you want to edit and the window will pop up where you can edit away.

For both options, you need to move ahead in the chain and put your feedrate back to what it was, the edit you make is modal...

I prefer method two because method 1 locks your operation and if you alter it after using the toolpath editor, you have to repeat the process after unlocking and regenerating, method 2 does not lock the op and the change will stick with the chained geometry.

Welcome to emastercam, home of the original fishslap!

:fish:

• Like 1

You can use the Change Feed on Arc on just a single operation by selecting all ops, apply the switch, regen, then lock the op/ops you want the change in by selecting them and clicking on the lock, then uncheck the Change feed on arc box, then regen all of the other ops

You can use the Change Feed on Arc on just a single operation by selecting all ops, apply the switch, regen, then lock the op/ops you want the change in by selecting them and clicking on the lock, then uncheck the Change feed on arc box, then regen all of the other ops

:thumbup:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...