Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Arc Filter setting

cadist

Hi everyone,

My problem is even after keeping arc filter to xy plane only after posting some time it gives a helical arc that is all 3 planes in one line. banghead.gifbanghead.gif

We got Mikron's machine with hiedenhein controller and the post processer is given from reseller itself.

Previously I was working on siemens controller so these codes are totally different for me. It shows error in block so and so..

CC x32.65 y23.23 z32.43

and machine haults.

If I change the tolerance that block goes off and the program starts running. But for that I have to test each program on the machine or have to use contour everywhere.

can any one help on this.

quote:

helix_arc : 1 #Support helix arc output, 0=no, 1=all planes, 2=XY plane only

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Does not exist in my post, I remembered we used to make that setting for siemens and fanuc controller but it is not here in this post processor file should I add it.

This feature is added in release 9.1 and you must update your post.

Period !

Trust me smile.gif

Save your post and txt files somewhere for a backup and run update .

You can not loose nothing .

To run update is a must after every point release and service pack,you have new features ,that your post deals with not correctly

Yes ,Sir !

Cadist,

You are showing a cc with x,y & z defined. I don't believe that is possible to even go to the control and type that in, is it? To do a 3-axis helical interpolation it should have a cc defined with 2-axis and then a move that shows something like this. CP IPA+360 Z-.25 RO F200. That would be with a CC of X and Y. What control is it?

Greg

quote:

You are showing a cc with x,y & z defined. I don't believe that is possible to even go to the control and type that in, is it? To do a 3-axis helical interpolation it should have a cc defined with 2-axis and then a move that shows something like this. CP IPA+360 Z-.25 RO F200. That would be with a CC of X and Y. What control is it?

G caputo we have heidenhien TNC 407 and 430 on UME 900 AND VCP600(Mikron) respectively, Both are giving this error.

cadist,

I have a Mikron VCP600 with Heidenhain TNC430 control. We had the exact same problem using the MPHEID.PST supplied by Mastercam. I made the following changes to the post to correct the problem. Perhaps not an elegant solution, but it works:

pxyarc #circular interpolation XY plane

if plane = 0, pxypxc = xc

if plane = 0, pxypyc = yc

if plane = 1, pzypyc = xc

if plane = 1, pzypzc = yc

if plane = 2, pzxpxc = xc

if plane = 2, pzxpzc = yc

n, strcc, *pxypxc, *pxypyc, e

n, strc, *x, *y, *sgcode, pcc, pfr, pspdl, e

pzyarc #circular interpolation ZY plane

n, strcc, *pzypyc, *pzypzc, e

n, strc, *y, *z, *sgcode, pcc, pfr, pspdl, e

pzxarc #circular interpolation ZX plane

n, strcc, *pzxpxc, *pzxpzc, e

n, strc, *x, *z, *sgcode, pcc, pfr, pspdl, e

pcir # Circular interpolation 2

#n, strcc, xc, yc, e

#n, strc, x, y, *sgcode, pcc, pfr, pspdl, e

if plane = 0, pxyarc

if plane = 1, pzyarc

if plane = 2, pzxarc

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

it was this arc endpoint incorrect error in a surface rough pocket using a 4 mm cutter.i used all the recommendations suggested by all of you members but to no avail.Lucky was suggesting some codes to be changed in the post but there was errors in the post if i just pasted all those codes in.but funnily if i use a 3 mm cutter the alarm error goes away.any suggestions?