Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

eccentric diameter sur tour 4 axes

Xmille

Hello,
sorry i speak bad english. so I go through a translator :)

I have a problem. I can't figure out how to do an eccentric on mastercam. I rarely use the Tour. I am rather Milling.

I cannot select the diameter completely. only one section. suddenly impossible to make an eccentric. it makes me that a normal diameter ..
something must be activated. ?

here joined the photo.
and the file.
Thanks in advance.
Seb

excentrique.png

EXCENTRIQUE.emcam

2 minutes ago, gcode said:

I don't think Mastercam is capable of program eccentric turning

From what zoobs said in ot, they haven't figured it out yet over at cnc software

9 minutes ago, Xmille said:

Hello,
sorry i speak bad english. so I go through a translator :)

I have a problem. I can't figure out how to do an eccentric on mastercam. I rarely use the Tour. I am rather Milling.

I cannot select the diameter completely. only one section. suddenly impossible to make an eccentric. it makes me that a normal diameter ..
something must be activated. ?

here joined the photo.
and the file.
Thanks in advance.
Seb

excentrique.png

EXCENTRIQUE.emcam

Je peut pas voir votre Mastercam file, comment est votre setup dans le chuck, est ce que c'est un tour normal ou 5 axes?

2 minutes ago, Xmille said:

there is a lot of video on the internet of tour, which arrives there ... I hope that it is feasible on mastercam ..

I understand he was doing macros. (on the cnc directly) so mastercam can do it :)

Est ce que tu peut partager un example de le code g?

Thank you #Rekd ,

but in your link there is nothing "explained !! I have to look at everything before posting. and indeed there is a Macro. but I can not test it on the machine. I am looking to achieve it with Mastercam.

Thanks for watching for me.

Not happening in Mastercam with turning...

It could be milled but there are obvious drawbacks to the surface quality and tolerances...

It's either going to be a purchased machine function...some machine tool builders offer it as an option or someone is going to have to write a macro and I serioulsy doubt that would be for free.

11 minutes ago, Xmille said:

Thank you #Rekd ,

but in your link there is nothing "explained !! I have to look at everything before posting. and indeed there is a Macro. but I can not test it on the machine. I am looking to achieve it with Mastercam.

Thanks for watching for me.

You are using an educational version or HLE, is this for a course?

@JParis yes I think I found on I use a cutter for the machining of the eccentric, with the axis C. but I think that the time will be much longer and as you said. not pretty surface condition.

Rekd

I have the HLE version 2020 at home to train and move forward 
and learn what's new.

but at work I use the official 2017 version

Ca fonctionne avec un axe "C" je l'ai déja fait sur un tour Okuma

utilise le toolpath circ mill avec un ramp équivalent a ton avance normal  et chaine le diametre voulu 

ca demande un peu de gymnastique mentale mais ca fonctionne 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, gcode said:

I don't think Mastercam is capable of program eccentric turning

It's achievable via C-Axis but the speed is limited to your machine ability to handle really high feedrates at high precision with C-Axis engaged 

tweek the machine by ptogram it with a C-axis face contour toolpath and turn on the ramp option

just install a normal tool in the turret and tweek the tool offset, you may need to find a way to override the C-axis connection limit switch in the PLC 

IMHO at the end, an offset jig is WAY more reliable and easier 

Thank You !!! @Goldorak

je savais que c'etait possible !! je l'avais deja fait pour faire un 6 pans .. mais je ne me souvenai plus comment j'avais fait ...

si je me souvient bien ! j'ai fait comme tu m'as dit un contour avec une fraise (que je remplacerai avec un outil a charioté dressé par la suite)

et j'ai mis une avance en mode ramping .. Merci !! bon la je n'ai pas l'option post processor sur mon ordi . je regarderai demain au travail si le programme est coherent.

Encore Merci a tous pour votre aide .

@#Rekd™

Before asking for help I of course look on the forum. and I came across the macro but if you look closely there is a Y programmer. even if it is at 0 it is even programmed. so my machine will issue an error. (then I don't know how to get a macro into the machine)
Thanks again everyone .. I hope it will work ..
(even if we have finally machined the bit of the machine to go faster.) there is also another way to do it. but I wanted the programmed, it's more fun :)
T020202
M110
M808
NLP1
ZZ1=0
PTC=0.1
G94 M146
G00 X400 Z0
G138
G0 X400
FF1=95000
XX1=111.5/2