Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sldprt will not import into 2020

Mickey@acceltool

I am getting an error when trying to import SLDPRT files into mastercam 2020. I have 2 other computers in the shop that do it just fine but the computer I need it to do it the most on will not do it. Has anyone had this issue and have you resolved it? ".......SLDPRT cannot be opened" Do you want to remove it from the recent files list. Is the error I am getting. 

Like I said I have 2 computers that do it just fine. I have the newest version of "E-drawings" installed and the latest vs of Mastercam 2020.

Thanks

A shot in the dark here...not sure what error you're getting, but check into the swdocumentmgr.dll registration "stuff" that we sometimes need to do.  The dll needs to be re-registered I believe in order to open/merge into MCAM.

Also/and/or, depending on your error... I've gotten into the habit of setting the "rebuild on save" mark for multi-config models in SW - I believe that eliminates some parasolid error in MCAM.

Hope that points you in the right direction...

• Like 1

i think it was the third update to 2020 that supported solidworks 2020 files so make sure your 2020 has all the updates, you can check for those in mastercam from File --> Help --> check for updates. Keep doing that update multiple times until it finally says no updates available and then you should be able to open the file. 

if that is not the problem then you will need to re-register the solidworks dll, how to: https://kb.mastercam.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50231.aspx

or my reply on this question here also shows the re-register process http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic38525.aspx#bm38534

• Thanks 1

Mickey reached out to me via a separate message and we eventually confirmed that, in his case, the SWDocumentMgr.DLL did indeed need to be registered.

This .DLL Is installed by both MC and SW. Depending on what versions of them got installed/uninstalled/repaired most recently, an earlier version of SWDocumentMgr.DLL can end up being registered ... or it can even become un-registered.

• Like 1

You might find that by searching through this forum, but here's a quick summary involving the Mastercam KnowledgeBase item that covers this:

If you have access to the Mastercam online KnowledgeBase, go to this item:  https://kb.mastercam.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50231.aspx

The instructions are a little old and refer to an older version of MC, but if you point to C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\Common\SWorksData when inside the Advanced Config program that might do it. You will need admin privileges.

1 hour ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

You might find that by searching through this forum, but here's a quick summary involving the Mastercam KnowledgeBase item that covers this:

If you have access to the Mastercam online KnowledgeBase, go to this item:  https://kb.mastercam.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50231.aspx

The instructions are a little old and refer to an older version of MC, but if you point to C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\Common\SWorksData when inside the Advanced Config program that might do it. You will need admin privileges.

Thanks for the link, Pete, because the search feature at this forum is next to worthless.