Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Face selection highlight

So not a Guru

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

In 2021, often when I select faces or surfaces for a toolpath, then ❌ out of the toolpath, the faces remain highlighted & nothing I do, short of restarting the file, will unselect them.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is it a function of me still using Windows 7?

Yes and normally just deal with and it disappears after sometime. We are the only people to ever see this and it cannot be reproduced so we have the thing we only see.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Pete Rimkus from CNC Software Inc. said:

"...it cannot be reproduced..."

Send QC a file and some steps to reproduce it and they'll give it a shot. It might toolpath-type or selection-type specific - which does make it hard to reproduce without more information.

Pete,

Do you have any workstations at CNC Software that are still running the  Windows 7 Operating System? 

I think that is what Ron was referring to, when he stated "it cannot be reproduced". That you don't necessarily have testing rigs which are configured to match a customer system, that isn't running Windows 10...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Pete,

Do you have any workstations at CNC Software that are still running the  Windows 7 Operating System? 

I think that is what Ron was referring to, when he stated "it cannot be reproduced". That you don't necessarily have testing rigs which are configured to match a customer system, that isn't running Windows 10...

That is part of it and the other thing is the randomness of this happening that I can't reproduce the steps to make it happen at will. Like many random things I run into. People report them and have issues with them, but unless like stated can give a step by step way to reproduce it is only a gremlin I and few others chase. It is nice sometimes to have a sanity check that you're not talking to Wilson on the Island by yourself.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

In 2021, often when I select faces or surfaces for a toolpath, then ❌ out of the toolpath, the faces remain highlighted & nothing I do, short of restarting the file, will unselect them.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Or is it a function of me still using Windows 7?

I have the same problem occasionally, I just deal with it.  

• Like 1