Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine simulation axes travel

Simon Kausch

I started making a machine simulation file for a new machine we ordered. So far no one at the company used machine simulation in MC, we only used verify. So my experience with this part of MC is limited.

So far everything works as expected besides the travel limits. In manual control it works and axes are limited by the travel in entered in the settings. But if I simulate a test part where I start drilling at Z+1000 mm, it does it without a warning altough the machine has less travel in the Z axis.

Is this an error on my side or this not possible to simulate?

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

I believe for the Machsim to move similar to the actual machine you need to have either a Postablility or In-House Solutions post that is tied to the Machsim. This is something you purchase from your re-seller.

We are definitely able to get more accurate simulation by using the post to generate .cl file vs just using the NCI with the internal simulation.

We are able to simulate things like home position moves and dog leg motion.

We have recently taken machine simulation to the next level with some of our latest IKE development. Some of the newest features we now support is TCP and Tilted plane simulation to match to the machine motion.

Here is a video I recoded recently on our new simulation improvements 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Chally72 said:

Just to clarify, you do not need a special post tied to the simulation. 

If you're not seeing the warning, make sure you turn on axis limits in the Machine Simulation options:

Thanks! This solution worked like expected.