Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

COPYING OPERATIONS

LAZERSHARK

Does anyone have an explanation why it is that whenever i copy operations in the operation tree and paste them into a new folder or group that mastercam has to expand the other toolpath groups? like i paste my ops in "new group" and it makes operations expand in other operations im not even working on at the time,makes for a lot of clicking-oh and this is happening if the other groups are collapsed or not 🤔

10 minutes ago, LAZERSHARK said:

Does anyone have an explanation why it is that whenever i copy operations in the operation tree and paste them into a new folder or group that mastercam has to expand the other toolpath groups?

Mastercam Voodoo

38 minutes ago, LAZERSHARK said:

Does anyone have an explanation why it is that whenever i copy operations in the operation tree and paste them into a new folder or group that mastercam has to expand the other toolpath groups? like i paste my ops in "new group" and it makes operations expand in other operations im not even working on at the time,makes for a lot of clicking-oh and this is happening if the other groups are collapsed or not 🤔

No idea, however; this may or may-not help.

Select the top-level Machine Group, and press the "E" key on the keyboard a few times. The "E" key is used for "Expand" or "Contract" the groups.

The advantage here, is that pressing it a couple of times will "collapse" everything, and then as you continue to hit "E", it will start opening your Groups, but all of the Operations themselves will have been collapsed.

You will see as you 'cycle through' the E-Key Presses, that the groups will collapse further, and further, until everything is closed. As you then continue to E-Key, the top-level groups will expand, then the sub-groups, and finally the Operations themselves will expand.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Sometimes it does weird stuff. Sometimes when I back plot the toolpath manager spases out and scrolls up and down rapidly

that's because the mouse cursor is focused on the toolpath manager

click in the graphics area and this will not happen 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

No idea, however; this may or may-not help.

Select the top-level Machine Group, and press the "E" key on the keyboard a few times. The "E" key is used for "Expand" or "Contract" the groups.

The advantage here, is that pressing it a couple of times will "collapse" everything, and then as you continue to hit "E", it will start opening your Groups, but all of the Operations themselves will have been collapsed.

You will see as you 'cycle through' the E-Key Presses, that the groups will collapse further, and further, until everything is closed. As you then continue to E-Key, the top-level groups will expand, then the sub-groups, and finally the Operations themselves will expand.

IT WORKS! thanks for the solution,will save many clicks in the months to come🤗

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LAZERSHARK said:

IT WORKS! thanks for the solution,will save many clicks in the months to come🤗

Nice!

Just be sure you "click" on the Top-Level Machine Group (or Toolpath Group), and that you keep your Mouse Cursor in the Toolpaths Manager. (If you move your cursor to the Graphics Window, that will "take focus" from the Toolpaths Manager...)

• Thanks 1