Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL Files

MetalMarvels

So how does this work for you guys with files that are 50 mb or larger. Do you wait al lthat time to verfiy or just fly by the seat fo your pant. I never have time to cehck crap. I program and have to not make any mistake take everything into account load the tools load the program and coem back when it done say here you go a finished 3d part. Just curious what you other guys do for really big files and parts that take forever to verfiy.

I love verify, speciel because this Milling is so different from WEDM. I am one of these types wheres a belt and susbencers when I work. I backplot from the top, do a Collision check, backplot from the side, Verify, plot it out on the screen on the Haas, and then running it Z2. above part with feedrate overdrive at 999%.

Millman I can see you problem, if you have 62 hours runtime, you are getting pretty old before you are done with verify. Could you start verify with Tool#1 and save it as a STL. Get the Tool#1 going in the machine, and then call up the STL file and verify Tool#2 ect.?

Lars

I will have to agree with Millman^crazy, verify is too slow. If I verified every electrode, cavity and core program, I wouldn’t get much work done. Back plot works well to verify most of the time. I also plot it out on the screen on the Haas, which takes a long time sometimes. Haas needs to work on speeding the back plot up.

Yean I really need a better solution but most times i just bit the bullet and go for it. I started one todya before I left and It was 10 mintues before it said 1% on the screen and that was the surface rough pocket. The part is 30 by 26 by 0 tall milling down to a depth of 8" at the lowest point of the mold. I made the block steep and did my 2 surface rough pockets at those steps to make it faster but still a 50 mb nc file. to roung and semi finish. I alomost forget about verfiy I uase it so little. I am teaching a new guy now and kick myself for just not telling him the thing I should to make it easy on him to not make mistake. He is signed up for class and that will teach hi mthe thing I just run through and just forget to tell him.

Appericate the repsonse guys kind of one of those think out loud sessions.

Millman, Whats your system specs. We always do the no tool verify on 5 axis jobs. While I dont remember any 50 meg jobs the 20-30's go pretty quick. We run it on a P4 3.0 1 gig of ram and 256 megs on a geforce video card. We also run Camaix's machine simulator, which can be sped up to the point the tool is just a blur.