Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock while simulating is bigger than what I actually specified.

utsav

Using bounding box under the wireframe tabs and using the stock model under tool paths tab. When I did facing operation on the top of the stock and tried to simulate it, it did say that the volume of the stock was less for the simulation. I kinda figure the software added few more  materials to compensate. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:52 PM, Leon82 said:

I've had the stock definitionget broken and I had to redo it a few times

Seems like I end up going into stock simulation and redefining my stock every time I open the file.  I always just use a solid, or a stock model.  I always just define it in the simulator options.  I don't bother with the stock setup anymore. 

• Like 1
On 3/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, JB7280 said:

Seems like I end up going into stock simulation and redefining my stock every time I open the file.

I have accepted that when I choose a stock in the Simulator Options dialog it gets reset each time I open MC. Ends up being one of the first things I do in the morning, making sure I'm verifying off the G54 Stock Model, or what have you. Happens with a Stock Model or selected solid, and it reverts back to the Stock Setup radio button each time a file is opened. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my experience is similar to yours. This is observed across 2021 and 2022 as well.

On 3/24/2022 at 10:25 AM, SuperHoneyBadger said:

I have accepted that when I choose a stock in the Simulator Options dialog it gets reset each time I open MC. Ends up being one of the first things I do in the morning, making sure I'm verifying off the G54 Stock Model, or what have you. Happens with a Stock Model or selected solid, and it reverts back to the Stock Setup radio button each time a file is opened. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my experience is similar to yours. This is observed across 2021 and 2022 as well.

Yea, lots of these "features" in Mastercam feel more like bugs.  I've grown to accept Mastercam much more than I did when I first started using it, but my biggest issue is that it just feels like an incomplete, or "amateur" software.  I don't mean that to sound disrespectful towards the developers, as they're way smarter than myself, but it's the best word I can think of.  I think it's a product of trying to make it too customizable, or trying to make it appeal to EVERYONE, instead of just focusing on making it a solid, polished software.

• Like 1