Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CHANGE START/STOP POINTS ON COUNTOUR AND OTHER TOOLPATHS

RustyG

I recently read a topic covering start and stop points on toolpaths, I read where you can adjust start and stop points using parameters in the chain geometry. What I want to know is that if you can only use chain geometry to adjust start and stop points or can you use geometry picked from solid model entities as well? I was able to adjust my start and stop points using chain geometry but I would rather not have to create wireframe geometry just to have the ability to change start and stop points. Help is appreciated.

24 minutes ago, RustyG said:

I recently read a topic covering start and stop points on toolpaths, I read where you can adjust start and stop points using parameters in the chain geometry. What I want to know is that if you can only use chain geometry to adjust start and stop points or can you use geometry picked from solid model entities as well? I was able to adjust my start and stop points using chain geometry but I would rather not have to create wireframe geometry just to have the ability to change start and stop points. Help is appreciated.

You can only "change at point" on a Chain. If you chain using the "Solid Chain" option, that may work, but again, only on Chains of Geometry (2D).

• Like 1

If you are using solid chians you canchange the starting position when you are selecting it. If you want to change anything with your solid chain pick the edit button and you have all the choices the wireframe  does.  If you are using wireframe to drive your chain you can go into chain manager and change what you want.