Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change Default work offset to G56

BenderN

9 hours ago, BenderN said:

Hello,

I would like to default to G56 rather than G54.  I currently have to manually change the offset either in the planes manager or within the individual operations.  Is there somewhere I can change this default? 

Thank you!

You can hardcode it in your post.

The Post writers fix for the Automatic crashing of 5 Axis machines. Look in your post for a switch that controls workoffset outputs. The default is one forced Work Offset to avoid this issues created by the unpredictable automatic work offset function added about 15 years ago. The training I give to all programmers is don't ever program any multi-axis project without setting your work offset through the plans manager.

In your post where the switch is change to a two instead of a zero.

Thank you to those that replied.  I am using Mastercam2022.  It would be ideal if I could get the top plane work offset to default to "manual, 2" for G56 rather than "Automatic, -1" for G54.  I would still like to be able to manually change the top work offset in the planes manager when needed but currently I would like it to default to G56 to save from repeatedly manually changing it.  I was hoping I could find a control definition parameter or similar to change this but have had no success so far. 

Thank you again for your suggestions.

24 minutes ago, BenderN said:

Thank you to those that replied.  I am using Mastercam2022.  It would be ideal if I could get the top plane work offset to default to "manual, 2" for G56 rather than "Automatic, -1" for G54.  I would still like to be able to manually change the top work offset in the planes manager when needed but currently I would like it to default to G56 to save from repeatedly manually changing it.  I was hoping I could find a control definition parameter or similar to change this but have had no success so far. 

Thank you again for your suggestions.

Make a template file is about the only way I can think of. There are no controls to change the defaults you are asking for. It has been requested many times before.