Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2023 is not loading .ipt file?

IbanezTim

Hello all, Happy Friday!

So I'm having an issue loading in my .ipt files. 

If I merge the file a placement menu shows up like it should with only one option not greyed out and it does nothing.

image.png.e447b2251ebbe76d08f41e32bb4997e4.png

if I do an "open" on it. It comes from the future......

image.png.d788526beb442cc1afebe9dc9851b41f.png

2022 has no issue loading these files. Currently I have to load it in 2022, save it, then open in 2023.

It is also not doing this to every .ipt file, some load in just fine.

I'm kinda at loss of what to do. 🤨

• 4 months later...

I'll test in the morning. I have both Inventor 2023 and MC 2023 Update 3.

Update 3 still seems to have an issue with Inventor 23 files, stuck in perpetual loading.

Recently updated both my Inventor and MC to 2023. 

Like IbanezTim cannot import .ipt files even after MC update 3

Is this a non-issue for CNC Software?

Is your software directly MasterCam? We use Veriserf for several features, I had their version of MasterCam installed, so it wouldn't update MasterCam at all, uninstalled then reinstalled MasterCam and made SURE that I only grabbed the add-on of veriserf ONLY then most problems went away.

Edited by IbanezTim
I was mistaken, Iventor 23 files still have an issue
13 hours ago, bulletfab said:

You must install inventor viewer (of a compatible file version) on the pc to open up Inventor (.ipt) files into mastercam. and if the inventor viewer software cant open the file then neither can mastercam since it uses inventor viewer as the file translator.  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/inventor-view-2023.html

23 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

I just loaded a dozen or so Inventor 2023 assemblies with no trouble at all.

I think it has something to do with how our engineers export the IPT file. I've noted that they have sometimes they sent me the same model in different ways all IPT and MC finally loaded one version. I wont lie I know nothing about inventor. its on my PC but "needs updated" and "missing verification codes". Maybe that's the problem?

19 minutes ago, JoshC said:

You must install inventor viewer (of a compatible file version) on the pc to open up Inventor (.ipt) files into mastercam. and if the inventor viewer software cant open the file then neither can mastercam since it uses inventor viewer as the file translator.  https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/troubleshooting/caas/downloads/content/inventor-view-2023.html

You Replied right as I was typing my reply. Thanks for the info. 👍

Edit: Still a No Go on my end even with the viewer you linked. I'll try getting my base Autodesk inventor activated and see if that works.

Edited by IbanezTim
1 hour ago, IbanezTim said:

I think it has something to do with how our engineers export the IPT file.

I didn't export anything. All I did was navigate to the file's/assembly's location(s) from Mastercam and "File" "Open", "Browse", set file type to "Autodesk Inventor Files" and "Open".

No more. No less.

• 1 month later...

Update: Got it Fixed! Thanks for everyone's help!

On 3/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, bulletfab said:

What I had to do was the inventor viewer from the below link,

On 3/7/2023 at 12:00 PM, JoshC said:

AND, I had to do the following steps at this link.

https://resources.imaginit.com/support-blog/install-inventor-read-only-mode-using-custom-install

With both of them on and running. no more issues.  I wanted to wait until the 30 day free trial was up before I said it was good to go.

Thank you again for you time and tips guys, hop this helps someone in the future.

• Like 2