Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Harley motor CAD model

Harley wont even send me the part drawing when their having trouble with the toolpath. VERY confidential. S & S Cycle is also one of my accounts and it's not likely they would let anything out the door.

What do you really want? The solid of the head? Solid of the entire motor (all the parts??)? or just something that looks like the motor?

Mike Mattera

I built a motor. I am practicing with the simulation in SW. All the components move, the valves are timed with the pistons (by eye not number). (the numbers are generic though, 4 in. bores 20 * 30 block etc). It's pretty cool though. I am quite impressed with SW assembly, simulation. If you want a copy (I might) think about it. Here's a pic of it. a>

I made everything in that assembly. I only had to make 1 part (piston, rod, rocker arm etc.) I just use it 8 times......The file is getting pretty big though. When I have the heads in simulation, It gets glitchy sometimes. curse.gif

Leaks oil.... biggrin.gif

Tazzer, I found a "harley davidson.mc9" in the MC9 portion of the ftp but cannot open it. It locks up Mastercam after displaying what appears to be the logo on the side of the fuel tank. I found a "harleyg.mc8" which is a pretty nice 2D file of a girl on a Harley. I'll start with that if I cannot come up with anything better.

Chip, even though that motor is nothing like what I am looking for. THAT IS COOL!

CNC SW had a air cooled cylinder and head on their literature/books I think it was in V7. anyone know what that was? Ref; ftp://www.ppcadcam.com/Mastercam_forum/Al...'s/collage2.jpg