Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Code Expert 8 Seconds for Splash Screen, Do the Math!

Jobnt

OK.. I just did an experiment.

With my purple USB Mastercam Hasp plugged into my machine, I launched Code Expert from the Start menu

The launch was instantaneous.

Then I pulled the hasp forcing my pc to use my employer's nethasp.

Code Expert launch  was  5 to 6 seconds.

I inserted the IP of our nethasp into the  2024 nethasp.ini file and launched Code Expert again

There was no change.

I reinstalled my personal USB Hasp and Code Expert was back to an instantaneous launch.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

We're on nethasp so that might be it. 

So tell me, Ron... do you drink? 

On 7/18/2023 at 6:07 AM, Jobnt said:

I'd bet anybody a cocktail of their choice there's the equivalent of a Wait() statement in the splash screen code. And I take my cocktails VERY seriously so you KNOW I'm serious.

:lol: 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Jobnt said:

We're on nethasp so that might be it. 

So tell me, Ron... do you drink? 

:lol: 

I dunno. I have the purple usb hasp and it's about 8 seconds here too. The splash screen goes away much quicker since I got a new PC, but it still takes time getting the code on the screen ready to edit. When the splash screen goes away it just kind of sits there for about 5 seconds lol its weird.

I had to stop using it for that reason too. The Cimco it came with is way faster, plus it has comms built in which I still use on two of our machines.

The only time I use the Code Expert and deal with the lag, is when I'm doing surfacing  which is really rare. I like the Max and Min coordinate values at the bottom of the screen. There's extra assurance that my deepest z isn't -30." or something. Which has never actually happened. This is all superstition on my part because I don't 3D that often so when I do I get ascared 🐔 😁

• Like 1

Personally, when I first started noticing lagging on Code Expert, was years ago. I found (for me), this was likely tied to Graphics Performance.

I use the Nvidia Control Panel to 1.) assign the "default profile" in Global Settings to "Catia V5/Dassault, or Solidworks", and then 2.) use the "Program Settings" to force "CodeExpert.exe" to use that profile.

I also think this could have something to do with your Licensing, but Code Expert doesn't require a Hasp or NetHasp to run. You can install Mastercam on any computer, and then run Code Expert or Tool Manager (standalone) without a license.

image.png.d1e0e40d938de61007c5d027ec67cb0f.png

image.thumb.png.e7a7cbeb5f4196ba5424abf6dbbe391f.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1