Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swarf Milling Issue, Can anyone Help? Mastercam 2023 4 axis programming!

SIMPLEEDABESST

So its been spitting out code with High feed rates, I would set it at 4., and it would jump to as high as 500. all over the place, doesn't make sense why it would do that. And also the angles would jump to 5000. Degrees and I think the Haas Mill is losing its accuracy, I have a part I'm make a spiral groove and the groove lost its track somehow, and I checked the collet and center, the part was very secure, It DID NOT spin inside the collet.

I hope I explained that well, OI attached the File to review, I hop I can get some help because this is a typical Mastercam glitch that doesn't make sense.

T-8441.mcam

You should likely set the Control Definition for Inverse Time feed rates for the rotary movements. You will need to increase the min inverse feed rate in the Machine Definition as well.

Your file has it set set to degrees/min for the 4th axis rotary feed.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SIMPLEEDABESST said:

So its been spitting out code with High feed rates, I would set it at 4., and it would jump to as high as 500. all over the place, doesn't make sense why it would do that. And also the angles would jump to 5000. Degrees and I think the Haas Mill is losing its accuracy, I have a part I'm make a spiral groove and the groove lost its track somehow, and I checked the collet and center, the part was very secure, It DID NOT spin inside the collet.

I hope I explained that well, OI attached the File to review, I hop I can get some help because this is a typical Mastercam glitch that doesn't make sense.

T-8441.mcam 4.88 MB · 2 downloads

Not a glitch is your lack of understanding about how to get posted code using the correct process in Mastercam. John (#REKD) pointed you in the correct direction and hopefully you will see Mastercam is doing exactly what is being told to do.

• Thanks 1