Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Linking parameters not obeyed by Post-processor or Mastercam?

Hi all,

I am working on a jewellery project using our machine from ISEL (IMES Icore 350i model). We are using Mastercam to mill out seats in Gold and Platinum where diamonds will be so our scale is unusually small in the CNC world (eg 1.5mm holes cut out with a 1mm ball endmill). 

One of the many many issues we are having with our programs is the machine overrides some of our numerical inputs in to Mastercam. We believe this is an issue with the post-processor made by Postability (they are currently fixing an issue with the off centre rotation-different story).

In the images below our drilling cycle seems to not be understood by the machine correctly, as you can see in the linking parameters the spindle should retract no more than 2mm above the stock but as you can see in the video the spindle is fully retracting per rotated operation (each toolpath is rotated 35 times for the ring) so this greatly increases the program length unnecessarily.
My question is where the issue of this lies, in the post-processor or Mastercam?
any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,

Alexi

Drill clearance retract.png

Peck drill linking parameters.png

Hace 3 horas, Alexi dijo:

Hola a todos,

Estoy trabajando en un proyecto de joyería utilizando nuestra máquina de ISEL (modelo IMES Icore 350i). Estamos utilizando Mastercam para fresar asientos en oro y platino donde habrá diamantes, por lo que nuestra escala es inusualmente pequeña en el mundo CNC (por ejemplo, orificios de 1,5 mm cortados con una fresa de bola de 1 mm). 

Uno de los muchos problemas que tenemos con nuestros programas es que la máquina anula algunas de nuestras entradas numéricas en Mastercam. Creemos que se trata de un problema con el posprocesador fabricado por Postability (actualmente están solucionando un problema con la rotación descentrada: otra historia ).

En las imágenes a continuación, la máquina parece no entender correctamente nuestro ciclo de taladrado, como puede ver en los parámetros de vinculación, el husillo no debe retraerse más de 2 mm por encima del stock, pero como puede ver en el video, el husillo se está retrayendo completamente por operación rotada (cada trayectoria se rota 35 veces para el anillo), por lo que esto aumenta en gran medida la longitud del programa innecesariamente.
Mi pregunta es donde radica el problema de esto, en el post-procesador o Mastercam?
cualquier idea sería muy apreciada!

gracias de antemano,

Alexi

Distancia entre taladros retract.png

Peck drill enlazando parámetros.png

You also have the depth in incremental. Where is the arc selected? Can you post a picture? I think the arc is down there and it only increments 2 from down there

You may want to check your misc. values. I know that the Postability posts, like ours, have retract options that mainly come into play when changing angles.

Since the post does not know if it will be safe to rotate between holes, it will default to a safe position.

You should have an option for a mid op retract that you can set to "no" which will keep the tool down on the rotation.

• Like 1

This seams to be what is happening, I will check these options out thankyou 

On 8/18/2023 at 6:57 PM, Alex Dales said:

You may want to check your misc. values. I know that the Postability posts, like ours, have retract options that mainly come into play when changing angles.

Since the post does not know if it will be safe to rotate between holes, it will default to a safe position.

You should have an option for a mid op retract that you can set to "no" which will keep the tool down on the rotation.

• Like 1

You need to change these setting in the Misc Reals

This is a safety feature that rapid s the machine home with every index

You post is defaulted to 0 on these two settings.

You need to change these settings to 3

You can also change the default to be 0 so you don't have to change these settings all the time.

Postability Mics Reals.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2023 at 9:14 PM, gcode said:

You need to change these setting in the Misc Reals

This is a safety feature that rapid s the machine home with every index

You post is defaulted to 0 on these two settings.

You need to change these settings to 3

You can also change the default to be 0 so you don't have to change these settings all the time.

Postability Mics Reals.jpg

Hello!! I have a few postability posts. I have never had to modify those options in miscellaneous. What exactly do they do?