Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 Axis deburr and gouges?

crazy^millman

Has anyone run into issues with 5 axis deburr and getting gouges when posting the code? I suspect many different things here, but trying to go down my list of things to rule out.

#1 would be no one ever having a problem and always getting perfect code when using 5 Axis deburr. That would mean even changing from a .004 to .005 edge break and still getting good error free code.

#2 is going to be I have a VMC from Vericut that is not setup with correct kinematics and have to do some testing on the machine to see what is reality and what is not. No time for that and had to 3+2 one operation into 12. 

#3 has been ruled out and that would be a posting issue. I posted code from 4 different posts for the same machine and all of them were within .0001" of each other. All the angles matched perfectly out of the different posts. If the post code is wrong it would fall back to the NCI coming out of Mastercam. No time to start digging into that can of worms. 

I took the time and made a .01 Edge break model to use in Vericut. Yes that took me 2 hours and some creative CAD work to make it happen, but yes every chamfer on the model is .01 that I am machining. I saved it out of Vericut with a .0002" tolerance to avoid bad STL triangles. I even broke the reference turning it into a .ply file for Vericut and that all looks good on that side of the process.

• crazy^millman changed the title to 5 Axis deburr and gouges?