Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wireframe Lathe from Solid

Hertz

Good morning, It's been quite awhile since I have used a lathe toolpath from a solid model. I vaguely remember being able to apply a wireframe to the model to create a lathe toolpath but I can't remember how. I have a 3D solid model of a disc with a profile, but I need to put it on the lathe first. I took the model and did a dynamic transform to get the proper orientation, but now I don't have the geometry to apply a lathe toolpath.

It really depends on the part

It you  have bosses on the OD of the part, you'll need to use Turn Profile to get an accurate representation of what that boss looks like on a spinning part

We do a lot of parts that have airflow surfaces that used to be defined by point tables

Now the customer just gives us a step file with no defining points, I've found Slice with Plane to be the best choice for these parts.

It yields the same results as projecting a line onto the surfaces but eliminates all the preparatory steps needed for that approach.

• Like 1