Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas VR9 Post Processor

Greetings;

We are new to this forum, hope someone out there might be able to help guide us in the right direction.

We purchased a new Haas VR-9 in April 2023, we run MC 2023 for 3, 4, and 5-axis programming.

We were very excited to receive this machine and expand our shop's capabilities, unfortunately this has been like a science experiment since it arrived.  The machine arrived and was far from accurate.  After 5 months of Selway tech support, we have made some progress on 3-axis programming and machining, but the 5-axis is still off in the distance.

Haas does not offer an approved post processor for this machine, we have been working with Postability to develop one.  We are on revision 11 of the post and it still does not adequately, safely operate the machine.

Does anyone out there have experience with 5-axis programming and machining on a VR series has and have a post processor that they trust?

Thanks in advance.

Postability is a company we work with and have always come through for us. Selway is top notch and another company we work with. The VR-9 is a newer machine kinematic. What kind of test blocks have you run to dial in the Post? What specific issues are you running into? G234 and G254 working as expected? I have helped dial in many 5 axis machines over the last 20+ years. Shoot me and email and be glad to see how my company can help. Can talk to Henry, James or any of the others at Selway about what I do and how I can help.

[email protected]

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Transition Composites I understand that you have been in contact with our department, and we have provided your reseller with the latest version of our Haas VR post. We have previously spent significant time to develop our Haas VR master post, and it has been running very well for us (through a few software updates on the Next Gen Controller).

I believe we have found and fixed one or two very minor bugs, but it is otherwise running well for you.

If you are experiencing any further issues with the post we have provided, please let us know and/or your reseller know, so that we can make the updates you need.

• Like 2