Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Loft Doesn't Seem to Work Correctly

Reko

3 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

Mine comes out clean. I linked the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kmm5gk391ft6xi/test_JF.emcam?dl=0

Yours shows the problem on the opposite corner.. Branch only syncs the one start point unfortunately.

Reko - What I would recommend doing is using Sync By Entity, but to make that work, you'll need each chain to have the same number of pieces.  In this case, the easy button is to leave the three pieces of the square bottom alone so they sync up nicely, and use Wireframe > Curves > Curves from Splines to stitch the rest together:

image.png.fe315d66c2b077ba032d84a6ec1bd22e.png

That'll keep the sharp edges on the bottom:

image.png.7084c0792252f5141e7d0723bc93a426.png

he trickier way to do it is to control the sync points if you don't like the results, but be careful, as each of the chains need to have the same sync points, something like this:

image.png.1d6b96bf75d0625183608aa6950c1795.png

Here I wanted it to sync up the radii in the corners, and maintain that sweep, so I had to break the verticals so that the "flats" on the side had somewhere to sync up to.   I think the results are better, but your mileage may vary.   Obviously, you could continue this concept and manage the sync of the bulge in the middle to stretch out to the corners, something like this:

image.png.2201aabed4781305f5e926290c222d5b.png

And yes, I've spent WAAAAYYYYYY too much of my life working with surface sync points!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Yours shows the problem on the opposite corner.. Branch only syncs the one start point unfortunately.

Reko - What I would recommend doing is using Sync By Entity, but to make that work, you'll need each chain to have the same number of pieces.  In this case, the easy button is to leave the three pieces of the square bottom alone so they sync up nicely, and use Wireframe > Curves > Curves from Splines to stitch the rest together:

image.png.fe315d66c2b077ba032d84a6ec1bd22e.png

That'll keep the sharp edges on the bottom:

image.png.7084c0792252f5141e7d0723bc93a426.png

he trickier way to do it is to control the sync points if you don't like the results, but be careful, as each of the chains need to have the same sync points, something like this:

image.png.1d6b96bf75d0625183608aa6950c1795.png

Here I wanted it to sync up the radii in the corners, and maintain that sweep, so I had to break the verticals so that the "flats" on the side had somewhere to sync up to.   I think the results are better, but your mileage may vary.   Obviously, you could continue this concept and manage the sync of the bulge in the middle to stretch out to the corners, something like this:

image.png.2201aabed4781305f5e926290c222d5b.png

And yes, I've spent WAAAAYYYYYY too much of my life working with surface sync points!

Meaning to say you have some knowledge on scanning and reverse engineering. :unworthy:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Awesome!

Thanks so much Aaron.

• Like 2