Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify Options Default File

Jake L

Is there a config setting somewhere to change the default file for verify options? I can't seem to find anything.

In a verify session > File > Defaults > Save to Defaults allows you to save your current settings to an xml file. But I can't find where to set the new xml file as default instead of "MastercamSimulatorDefaults.xml"

Current work around is: in a verify session > File > Defaults > Read from Defaults > select saved xml file.

MC2023 TIA

Out of curiosity, what are some of the settings you like to change in verify? I usually will use machine simulation for "final review", so it's pretty rare I use verify. When I do, I have all settings at default. 

Although now that I'm digging into the options it's got me curious about the 3 and 5 axis simulation engines

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll be overriding the default.

6 minutes ago, Kyle F said:

Out of curiosity, what are some of the settings you like to change in verify? I usually will use machine simulation for "final review", so it's pretty rare I use verify. When I do, I have all settings at default. 

Although now that I'm digging into the options it's got me curious about the 3 and 5 axis simulation engines

I usually leave most of the "settings" (File > Options) as default.

What I do like saved is the current state of the interface. For example I like my stock and fixture visibility to be on, and my tool visibility to be on but transparent. I also don't like the default settings for collision checking. Not having to click all these on/off every new session is what I'm after.

11 minutes ago, Kyle F said:

The 3 axis engine is kinda equivalent to the old "quick" verify mode.  It simplifies the calculation by not worrying about the sides/undercuts.   I turn if off by default, as the quality isn't really high enough for me to do anything with, even on the rare occasion I do something that's only 3 axis.

48 minutes ago, Kyle F said:

The 5 axis engine is good for parts that have multiple ops. Now with progressive stock models verifying has become a quicker and easier process.