Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Undercut machining.

cadist

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadeem,

What is happening is that it is calculating to that tool( slotmill) but verifying to your tool just as you descibed. I but blocking surfaces (level 16) in the recceses so that the tool will not enter more than 2mm. Doing something like this allows you to Verify to your tool and also write out an STL. I then bring the STL in Rhino and do an overlay with the Design part STL so as to check for a gouge.

Please have another look.

Thanks,

Mike

Nadeem , I would in your place be catious with shank 20 ,you better define it 0.2-0.3 mm greater ,just for any case .

I made a gap between tool and a part .

Good luck and sorry ,if something got wrong .

Winnie walking away singing in a pleasant voice :

Loneliness is my hiding place ...

Hey winnie you know with this topic you pushed me from 186 to 200, I really don't believe in post count but now since I crossed 200 mark ( may be the only person from this side of globe) cheers.gif What do you think which type of avatar should I opt for. Every one can reply. headscratch.gif

Phil It is great cheers.gif

But But But... sorry to disappoint you that shape is basic command in 3D studio max under extended primitives called Knot You have kept P value as 3 and q value as 2. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Correct me if I am wrong (less chances buddy) animation was my primary interest.

BTW you have shown me the way man idea.gif .

Amazing, Nadeem!! For so long, since I created that as a surface model years ago(almost geometrically perfect) I had been trying to decipher the holy grail of this primitive, torroidal knot. No one I knew could venture a guess as to how to create it from scratch. I do not know 3D Studio, but how do you think they might have created created it in the first place? As a free-form or as a mathematically accurate swept surface? What do you think good buddy?

BTW I knew that I would get answers to this odd geometric problem only here!!!

Phil cheers.gifcheers.gif

umm.. I don't know the actual algorithm behind the software but the across curve is a simple circle and the along curve is a mathematical equation which consist of variable as the size(which is the raius of bounding sphere of knot) and then these two variables p and q, which defines the path of along contour, you increase the number and there will be more twist in the knot. If you want more details got to wait for a day... wink.gif

No that's fine. When ever you have a chance. Just curious! It took me almost a week to create it years ago in Acad surfaces for a scultpture project. I don't think there's a way to do it in Mcam ecxept by importing in the wire along curve. I didn't know it was already created as a primitive. I was thinking it could be done with Mathematica, what about Rhino?

Phil