Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

UBB Help To New Users.

crazy^millman

code:

To put VB, NC, and  PST  or any other Code 

with the right Spacing

Or even a break Look below

In the response Box you will see the following
Put your code pasted from your editor here [code]

back slash changed to front for Demostration here.

[/indent]

In case you are wondering how to get this format on the screen you can do it with a quick reply or the standard reply. In the Standard Reply you will then see Instant UBB Code. and Below that you will see the 10 buttons. Hit the button you see as Code and hit it then you will see a closed Brackets with the word code and then a space and the an another set of closed brackets with a back slash and the word code again in the space between this paste your code copied from your editior of choice and then spacing and everything will turn out just like above.

It works the same way for Quoting someone else from another Thread like So.

[indent]quote:

In case you are wondering how to get this format on the screen you can do it with a quick reply or the standard reply. In the Standard Reply you will then see Instant UBB Code.

You will see this in the rply box

Put what you want here

agian front slash has replace back slash for demistration purpose here

[/indent]

[*]This

Is

List

List will put things on the screen with no line above or below your information.

Mastercam's Website The url funtion will put a link in a Thread for a web site and you can give your own discription. **Tip here if you type the www of a web site right in the posting the UBB will automatcially make everything right for that link but has to start with a www not a http.

[[email protected]][email protected][/email]

Email put up the email just like you would see it and on most browsers allow someone ot click that and send you an email.

[i]Italics I think should explain themselves. biggrin.gif [/i]

[b]Bold Should explain itself also. biggrin.gif [/b]

logo_home.gif Then there is image we all like so much but almost never have a place to put stuff. Image is just like it sounds but the site has to allow linking to it and you need a complete URL of the image to use it. **Tip here if you see a image you would like to use put your mouse on it and then right click you will see propetries then hit that and then the URL would come up run your mouse over that holding the left mouse button it will highlight that then right click copy and the paste in the image and you got it.

It must be confusing which is best to use but a majority of users here use the Code for things like helping in post issues or a VB script where the correct spacing is very important. Then the quote comes in to quote a Thread or a another posting to show you are doing just that quoting the person who posted the orignal information.

I hope this helps and was not meant to be offsive just hope it is a clear enough of an explation. Please fell free to try out things in this thread to get better at your use of the very cool and useful functions on this board.

Thank you and have a nice day.

How about UBB help for idiots? (yes, that's me).

Ron,

You are just a wealth of knowledge, thanks for taking the time to share as always. cheers.gif I learn more than MC on this board and it's great that everyone in here shares so much knowledge. Have a great weekend all.

No one is an idoit and it just helps to see things the way they are in the post and glad you see I am only trying to help. I always had to fight an uphill batlle coming up and just want to make it easier for others to get what I didn't get coming up through the ranks and that is help.

Have a great weekend and thanks.