Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCU Version 3

gcode

Metacut is releasing a new verison of MCU

next week.

It will provide verification of 3,4 and 5 axis

gcode.

I spoke with Bill about it Friday and he said

setting up 4 and 5 axis machine configurations

is done by answering 9 questions.

I'm looking forwrd to seeing how that works.

It will also have the ability to use STL files

for stock. As most of my work starts as a forging

or casting, that is a real important feature to me

I use the MCU gcode editor a lot. Using it on 4 and 5 axis toolpaths should be pretty cool. I have a copy of the V3 release notes if anyone is interested

MCU V3 webpage

I was just made aware of this post and thought I should add a couple of clarifications....

V3 of MCU will support up to 5-Axis **Simulation**. Simulation allows a backplot of the toolpath while displaying a model of the part, the table, and the spindle. It will do all of this while moving as if on the machine (in other words MCU understands how the machine is put together, if something should rotate, it rotates).

MCU considers "Verfication" a virtual machining of the part relative to an original piece of stock. You might say, "virtual chip removal". MCU v3 still supports up to 3-Axis vefification.

You can try MCU v3 at not charge for 30 days by downloading it and installing it when it's released.

Their 3X gcode editor is one of the most useful tools I own. If the 4 and 5X editor works as

advertised, it will be a life saver.

I'm always wanting to edit 5X code, especially the approach and retract moves but I don't, cause

its too easy too screw up.

I can't wait to try this out!