Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Space plane

Camdude®

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It's spinning frommy end...

It's taken from the lowest point on the object I think...

I dig your avatar man. He's the coolest.

James teh unsure

Hey there camdude,

I recently attended a 4&5 axis training session of yours and thought it was most excellent.

Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif

If you remember, the company I work for is Gentex Corporation. (I'm one of the the lowly Homer Simpson-like carbon blobs from sector G14.)

We at Gentex had the distinct pleasure of designing and building the flight helmet used in the Space Plane flight, so we can honestly say that Mastercam helped get this thing off the ground in more ways than one! cheers.gif

Jim at Gentex

Jim,

congrats and thanks for the kind words. if it's not a propiatary thing i would love to see the model of the brain bucket that went into space. i love training the 4&5 axis stuff as it's the most fun to work with. as always ya need any help with anything give a holler.

doesn't this forum rock!!! cheers.gif

p.s. Sector G14 rules.

Sorry Phil...we don't have the full-up model here in house. I think we only have bits and pieces. Actually, it's a rework of an older model helmet we used to make for NASA, so all they needed to do was tweak it a bit and send it on its merry way.

Yes, my company is really paranoid about its proprietary rights to many things b/c of the level of competition.

I would probably get my private parts brutally stomped upon if I disclosed any secret design materials! frown.gif (Not to mention the fact that I would probably be selling shoes for a living at the local mall shortly thereafter instead of having my COOL CNC Programmer job.) cool.gif

Have a great day!

Jim

Actually the engine was made by Space Dev, which is about a mile from my company.

It runs on rubber tires and laughing gas.

No kidding. It uses the same kind of rubber used for tires as the fuel and nitrous oxide as the oxidizer. This binary engine is safer since it can't just explode like a regular solid rocket engine. Both chemicals have to be present to burn.

I'll bet they have a far better safety record over time than the shuttle, which is an accident waiting to happen.

Actually, I had already read about the solid rubber propellant. Burning rubber and nitrous oxide. Sounds like those So. Cal street racers have infiltrated the space race.

The comment about the uranium T-38 explosive space modulator was a little joke (though apparently lacking in the critical element of humor.) I was refering to the giant lazer Marvin the Martian was going to use to blow up the Earth ("It's blocking my view of Venus.")

BTW, Camdude, I used to have Marvin as a hood ornament on my truck.

quote:

The comment about the uranium T-38 explosive space modulator was a little joke (though apparently lacking in the critical element of humor.)

Not your fault Mark, Its a well known fact that

conservatives don't understand humor tongue.gif