Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DoD aerospace componets?

mold100

Just curious as to how many in this Business and if you use any of the interenet bidding systems (for those who are aware of dibbs and srweb type ..mil sites) or if your in directly with one of the big boys? I am finally getting into it somewhat after trying like hell for the last year and a half and am curious about the industry. I was ripped off buying into one of those we'll get you registered scams (well kinda, I did get my CAGE out of it) but it is hard to get into componet manufacturing and would like to know (particullary small business) how long it took to become pretty established.

Corey teh get da foot in da door 1st and keep in there!!!!!!!

It seems Manufacturing is picking up all around any one still pretty slow

We're in with big boys doing microwave stuff. (some of the funnest parts I've done. smile.gif ) I can't see any benefit yet to doing that on-line bidding. Mayhaps in the futre, who knows.

We also have an outside sales guy that has found a few small customers.

On line is nuts I believe they only put it on there cause they have to, they already know where its going, and no drawings for 95 % of the stuff.

But it is the only place I can start.Oh yea has any one been running a 50 taper haas or fadal?

Problem is that they shovel on so much BS, that once you get the contract, they add way too much paperwork that you'll be giving $10 with each part. That, and they get you to bid against others, where you want to get the job in the hopes of getting your foot in the door, with more lucrative jobs in the future, but it's more of the same. We bid on, and amazingly got a 75 different part number contract, only to have them add SPC to the parts, after the PO was accepted. Grrr... Besides, SPC on 6 part/lot orders is kinda silly, but that's what the specs call for. Make sure you read all the specs, that there isn't something weird buried in there that will make ya lose your shirt.