Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T...ProE vs. Solidworks

wtsylvester

using Pro-e now and have played with solidworks in the past. pro is very powerfull and suprises me with what it can do every day, but it is a very user-hostile programe. solidworks is much more user friendly. if you have alot of learning time i would go with pro, if not stick with solidworks. btw, the nc side of pro-e sucks bad eek.gif

I have used ProE for quite sometime, granted it is quite user hostile - out of the box. But with the mapkeys you can do alot with a couple of keystrokes. I agree ProMan makes the modeling end look easy. Iges over to mcam.

Forget about the associativity, by the time your cutting parts design should be complete..yeah right

I find S/W so mouse driven it's drives me nuts or maybe more nuts :)I have 2 hands and like to use them both

From what I see the model package for both runs around the same price 5k..sans maintence fees etc

I know that PTC has rubbed people raw

Craig ... how you like there in SC I almost took a job at Cooper Tool in Lex.... tell me it's a

cluster p**k and I did the right thing by not going smile.gif

quote:

I find S/W so mouse driven it's drives me nuts or maybe more nuts :)I have 2 hands and like to use them both

Right click the title bar then click customize

You can program any keyboard shortcut your heart desires.

I find Solid Works VERY easy to function in assembly mode, practically drag and drop, click and go. I use the cavity function alot when designing electrodes and die cast dies. We do some pretty complicated dies and have never ran into a wall. I dont know about Pro E but I cant imagine a CAD program being more friendly to use with MasterCam. Just my 2 cents. Oh yeah +1 on the price point.