Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Which goes first, water or coolant?

n_tydingco

This thread was informative,,,thanks to all.

We have had all of these problems and questions here in the last year.

There's almost 50 of us and everytime a new sales man comes in the front door they spin the office out. bonk.gif

Then everytime a new sales man comes in the back door they spin the guys on the floor out. bonk.gif

Never ending

+1

I too have heard of the different ways to mix the coolant. We run Cimstar (pink) and have a mixer out of a 55 gal. drum. Every MoldMaker here has his own setup, (computer, machine, workbench) we all change our coolant quite often. It neveeer stinks and the stuff keeps the table from rust pretty well. With all the different setups we do daily. It works bitchen! headscratch.gif

cheers.gif

HI

Once when I was younger and drinking with buddies, I watched a friend clean out the fridge and put about 2 cases of bud in it, can by can. I waited til he was done, then told him "Dude, you have to put the cans UPSIDE DOWN, so the foam stays on the bottom!!

I about peed my pants when he proceeded to take them out, one by one, and turn them over, then neatly stack them back in the fridge, upside down.

For some reason this post just reminded me of that story.....

Thanks

John

According to my rep you add coolant to the water because:

you have two different molecules at work that do not combine into one, they attach to each other. According to him , you want the coolant to wrap around the water not the other way around.

All I know for sure is Blazer left slime on the top of the tank, Hangstefers removed it and left slime on the inside of the machine, and Trim E206 removed it all, leaves no residue and has been in my cnc for two years and is still going strong so I mix it the way he says.

Bob

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

OIL

Oil

In

Last

Is what I have always been told and it's never failed.

quote:

...Never add straight water to the sunp..

This is sound advise. If you need to add volume to the sump due to evaporation, a 2-3% concentrate is a good place to start. This will give enough water to fulfil your sump volume requirements, yet have enough coolant so that it does not seperate and will maintain a 5% concentrate in your sump (don't know exactly why it works but it does and I've got 3 months of daily refractometer readings to prove it). I have 2 machines that run nearly 24-7 and by doing things the above way we've been able to maintain Valenite's reccommended mixture and we've never had to empty the sump yet in the year it's been in operation. And it's NEVER smelled either.

We use a proportioner from the 55 gallon drum (which lasts about a month in the winter and about 2-3 weeks in the summer). $450 or so per drum give or take...

HTH