Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T The good and the bad.. :/

Rekd™

Lemme see, have I got this straight?

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...

Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...

Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...

Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists -

good...

Bush liberates 25 million from genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good....

Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad....

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...

Bush lands on aircraft carrier in a flight suit - bad...

Clinton says mass graves in Serbia - good...

Entire world says WMD in Iraq - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good...

No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...

Recession under Bush after 9-11 - bad...

Clinton imposes largest tax increase in history -good...

Bush instigates moderate tax cuts for all Americans - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...

Then World Trade Centers fall under Bush - Bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...

Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good...

Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good...

Saddam in custody - bad...

Oh, it's so confusing! I guess I'll never be a Democrat.

:shrug:

Convention Review:

Clinton's speech was very good, 8 on a 10 scale. Despite what you think of the guy, he best articulates the Democratic message.

There were several false premises in his speech, and I certainly disagree with many of his conclusions, but the guy is smooth.

Also, he seemed to have a hard time being sincere when he was saying something good about Kerry. It looked like he had to really act to get the words out.

[i wish Bush had 10% of Clintons' public speaking ability, and Clinton had 10% of Bush's integrity.]

Edwards at first came off like such a huge fake. He ended up giving a decent speech. But he seems just like a "pretty boy" and I'm afraid a nice smile and pandering language won't defeat the terrorists. I can't wait to see the Edwards-Cheney debate.

Obama (spelling??) gave the best speech. Hell of a guy: should be a Republican.

Teresa Kerry was quit odd.

Gore, Dean & Kennedy were just aweful. Gore still believes he won the election. Every time he repeats that lie, it degrades the country and our electoral process.

Most of the Dem convention has been pretty lackluster and amateurish. They say they are the party of hope, but all I've seen so far is slandering and lying about Bush.

If you look at the shots of the audience, I don't think I've ever seen such a motley lot. Most looked like old, worn out loosers with frowns on their face. It was depressing.

I hope the Republicans do a better job. This convention has been boring.

Grades:

Clinton: A-

Obama: A+

Edwards: B

All others not only failed, they have been expelled from school for academic misconduct.

i gotta give you guys a thumbs up for having the patience to watch these people tell story's on national TV. I cant stand to listen to them say I'll do this and I'll do that and I can create 50 million new jobs. what a joke.

whats he gonna do......... walk down the street and grab people and say you start this company and hire this many people tomorrow.... no do it today I cant wait till tomorrow. I think there real goal is help start low and middle income jobs because think of all the taxes they will get from them,then there can create new gov. programs and the circle never ends

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Obama (spelling??) gave the best speech. Hell of a guy: should be a Republican...

J.C. Watts (Rep. R. Oklahoma) is his equivalent. Very articulate, conservative, good head on his shoulders, either Watts or Obama will be our nation's first Black President. But yeah, too bad he's a Democrat. I listened to him and he a too "Government should do more this... Government should do more that..." for my liking.

I've always believed the first Black President would be a Republican. Don't know why, just have. I also believe that if we ever elect a woman for President, she will be a Republican as well.

JM2C

I got affended with Andrews Have's and Have-not's comments. I get that the plan is to mentally devide the uninted states between the Have's and Have-not's ., and he being to democrate suggests that he reps for the Have-not's . This will put me in the Have's. So I asked myself "what do I have" I'm guessing he's talking about my 1988 s10 pick-up with 307,000 miles that I drive to work everyday.(Come and get it)

I also tough "What a bunch of Dorks"

OBTW

IMHO

Divideing the states is a great idea for an election(see above), but I don't care for it

because it basic goal is to un-unite these

United States.

James,

It is ironic. Clinton makes token appointments, and we get incompetent national embarassments like Madeline Albright.

Bush puts brilliant people in the country's most powerful positions; Secretary of State, National Security Advisor, etc.

Licoln freed the slaves. Republicans fought the Dems in the south to end Jim Crow laws.

Oh, but Republicans don't believe in enslaving people with inefficient and ineffective government programs, so that makes us racists. Yeah.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Rangel (fmr. NY Sen. I think) once said "... they don't say (insert derogatory term for a person of color) anymore, they say 'tax cuts'..." rolleyes.gif Can you imagine the backlash if a Republican said anything even remotely close to that they would be run out of town and strung up as the racist posterchild.

Cruz Bustamonte (Dem. Lt. Gov. in California) within the last few years referred to "blacks" as "(insert derogatory term for a person of color)", and it was not in jest, it was an off the cuff reference. Man, the double standard is just crippling.

The Kerry speech was OK (B+). He fumbled some, seemed rushed, and ran long, but Bush is no great public speaker, so I can't hold that against him.

The major problem I say is that Kerry keeps repeating the lie that Bush lied about WMD, which is proven by many, including the 911 commission, not to be true. So how can I trust a guy who lies about other people lying to advance his own political goals, when he knows full and well it isnt' true?

We'll see what the Repub's do in NY. They have a lot of time to prepare. IMHO I think they will dissasseble the Kerry campaign piece by piece.

quote:

I think there real goal is help start low and middle income jobs because think of all the taxes they will get from them

They wont get any tax revenue from the low and middle income, they dont pay any taxes.

Remember the tax cut for the rich. Boohoo only the rich got a tax refund. You have to pay taxes to get a tax refund.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/prtopincometable.html

Wage%------Tax paid

Top 1%-----27.50%

Top 5%-----23.70%

Top 10%----21.40%

Top 25%----18.10%

Top 50%----15.90%

Bottom 50%-4.10%

Make you mad site