Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Text Machining

Ajit

Hi friends

I want to Create CNC code for Machining lettters in differnt faces of block.with me the information regarding Text Height, Location, and font style etc.

Is it possible through Chook to create text in mastercam and also generate

CNC code using CHooks for machining this letter on the surface of block.

http://www.emastercam.com/ubb/ultimatebb.p...1434;p=1#000007

I got above post on fourm regarding v8_note but i could not able to create text in master cam using this .

Can any body tell me how to set text in this function which i want to draw in mastercam

InitNOTE (&entity);

calc_note(&entity, view, ref_pt, text);

Thanks in advance.

Ajit Patil

Are you going to create different text or the same text for every job? Creating Chooks is above my skill set but I have created engraving files that I just merge into my other files for company logo and mold identification. I then use my library to engrave text.

Gotta love MC million ways to do everything, some just easier than others. wink.gif

Hi HevyMetl

Actually i need differnt Text on differant Parts.

So that i need to create Chook to create CNC.

because all other operation required are bring into mastercam using Chooks.

if any idea please reply

thanks you

Ajit

+1 to Gary and TS53

I use this option many, many times. You can select your font, size, alignment, etc. You can either do both 2D and 3D operations.

When creating letter geometry using TrueType fonts, you are limited only by the number of TrueType fonts that are installed on your personal computer. See your Windows® documentation for more information about TrueType fonts.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif