Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T not really political just sad

mold100

I agree that this is truely sad. As I have said many times before, that there are no winners in war. But when people take it into their own hands to harm another human being on a large scale, and no other solution is available, then you must do what your conscience allows. To some, that going to war, to others it running and hiding hoping the problem will go away.

As for casualties, they will happen in both cases. Some directly and some indirectly. Thus, there are no winners.

Code_Breaker

cheers.gif

I was in the National Guard for 9 years. I was trained very well at operating and commanding and M1A1. I was trained twice for fours in 9 years on civil disturbance and crowd control. All of the deaths are a shame, and I would lay odds that many of the Guardsmen that have been killed in the line of duty recieved 4 weeks intense training and were shipped right over there. When you the names ranks and ages many of them had to less than informed on their responsiblities.

I agree with code_breaker, If no one is willing to stand up to bullies and bullying, why would they stop? They are getting what they want. The Iraqi people have been tortured and tormented for how many years, enduring all sorts of attrocieties.

Look at what the terrorists did after spain pulled their troups out. They became bolder and stepped up their attacks and demands. They do not simply want us to leave, they want us (& all "infidells) dead. If we give in to their demands, they will demand more and more and......

To simply pull out would be a grave mistake in my view.

my 2 cents

It is tremendously sad to read the names of those who have died in action. Whatever one's belief on the validity of the war, I would hope that no one would use the names nor invoke the memory of the fallen for argument or political gain. The dead can not speak for themselves, and it would be terribly crass for anyone to presume to speak for them.

They gave their lives in war. Let them rest in peace.

Let's also remember what these people accomplished, having freed 25 million other human beings from tyranny.

These people did not die in vain, but in a great and noble cause. Like their fathers and grand-fathers who helped free the world in the 1940's, they have given everything, but accomplished something truly remarkable.

They will never be forgotten, not by us or by the millions of men, women, and children who they helped set free.

Code B,

The quote was sent to me (and 100 other people)by...let's just say an AOL user who thinks that EVERYONE in his address book wants to read EVERYTHING that he runs across on the net and finds amusing. rolleyes.gif I told him about a month ago that I wasn't interested in receiving any more of his spam. When I saw this message, I started to reply to him without reading what he had sent. Half way through my reply, I read it. I cancelled my reply and decided that I could wade through his BS if something like this came along every once in a while. wink.gif

It's kind of appropriate for this thread. I don't know who the author is.

Thad