Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Milling in Lathe

Arrowhead

Hi,

Long time lurker here. We recently purchased lathe9.1 . I am trying to access the milling toolpaths but am unable. When i go to toolpaths/nextmenu/...there is no mill option. Is it my target in my lathe shortcut properties? As it is now it is

Mcam9lathe9.exe/s. Any help would be appreciated. We are running 9.1 MR0304

Thanks

glenn

Arrowhead,

Milling toolpaths for Lathe are only available if you have a seat of Mill bundled with the seat of Lathe. Lathe only has one level of machining, where Mill has 3. Depending on the level of Mill you have licensed, that will determine the level of milling you would be capable of doing with the Lathe product. A quick way to find out if your Lathe is bundled to a seat of Mill is to press the ALT-V keys and read the information in the prompt area of the graphics interface in Lathe. This will tell you if you have any milling capabilities in Lathe at all. HTH cheers.gif

Well sorry guys I left Forecast and went to work at a company called C-H Machine. It is about 45minutes one way closer to home. It is Escondido and we have 4 Fadal's one with 5 axis indexwer,1 Haas,1 Robodrill,1 HSM for Grapheit,2 Kitmura Verticals with pallet changers,1 Kitmura Hortzional with full 4th axis indexing and pallet changer, and 4 mill-trontics one with a 4th axis. We have 2 okuma lathes and one Mori Seki with live tooling but no Y axis just a C axis all three have bar feeders, We have 10 or 11 wire machines and I think 2 or 3 sinkers. We have 5 seats of Mill level 3 and 1 seat of Lathe and one seat of Solids. I have very little stress and have a great group of knowledge guys I work with. I got ot get back where a company had CNC lathes and EDM equipment but also a Hort soemthing I have wanted to mess with for a while and not bad at all have messed with ti a little but nothing major yet. I am just kind of floating right now getting to know all the different deparment but but spent alot of time in the milling departmnet. All is great and just going foward. metioned it is passing in another thread but it is really not that big of a deal. I gave my three week notice and just wish them the best.

Oh yeah we have surface grinders and cylindercal grinder as well so no more grinding my tools by hand anymore. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif