Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New use for MC

Müřlıń®

I don't know if anyone else does this or not.

A few months ago I had to start learning Proe.

Anyone with Wildfire experience knows about the troubles with the parametric modeler for beginers.

Having to do QC on my own geometry was challanging to say the least, but Mastercam has provided a way out.

Because of the ease of part orientation and creating edged on surfaces, trimming splines ect, I started digitlly rebuilding the prints inside Mastercam with multiple copies of the model in diffrent rotations. Using imported Iges so the file wont be too large to render fast.

Using the auto dim, I rebuild the print exactly, putting in all the dims where the ones on the print are.

I using a highlight marker as I go to be sure I dont miss any of the hundreds of dims that are on these aircraft prints.

It makes a one man job alot easier knowing that your model is 100% correct.

Just something that has helped me be productive with less mistakes while going through the horrendus learning curve.......

Murlin teh QC with Mastercam.....it does it all

Srry wrong words on auto dim. By auto dim I meant that I let MC dim from the sharp corners.

It is very easy and lets me make sure everything is right........ set extension to 0 and make sure the dim line goes right to the sharp corner.

quote:

Heh, Have you upgraded to Wildfire 2.0 yet? thay changed more sh!t

This was my main reason for starting QC'ing my geometry with MC.

Wildfire 2.0 is so hostile, you never know what you are going to get if you go in and make a change.

Since I started doing this there are very few surprises now..... bonk.gif

Murlin