Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wirepath Regen Crash

savagkd

Can someone please help?

Every time I try to access or regen the wirepath, I get the "WIRE9.EXE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM A ND NEEDS TO SHUT DOWN" curse.gif

I've posted the file in the FTP/wire/skp510 fixture1.mc9

I'm using ver 9.1 sp2.

The file is a merge of 2 MC9 files that worked fine untill I translated some geometry and tried to regen.

Thanks in advance!

Keith

If your geometry is dirty ,eg you translated a part of the contour and it is not closed ,while it must be closed or some similar case or you implied masking and the contour is not seen as closed it can happen ,in mill ,at least (I don`t have wire )

try to recreate a geometry from scratch

HTH

rr

Keith.

I am running 9.1 sp2 as well and the regen crashes. I was able to delete the wirepaths and start over fresh. After the first one is wired I transformed it over and was fine from there. There was double geometry on the upper level which is really not needed to cut it. AS far as the crash I'm stumped on this one too.

Jim

Keith, for myself I would cut the outside geom. as separate path, by creating a new start point outside of the first exit point. Program 1 has entity sync, then en program 2 will sync as well.

I don't like working with double geometry on the same plane is all.

Those 2 paths can then be transformed over to next operation.

Hope this helps.

Jim