Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

GENERAL ISSUES WITH TOOLPATHS

DavidB

Hi all,

I would like to know the answer to a few questions I have.

1, Why does Mastercam need to Regen a Toolpath if you change the Tool Number only not the tool shape or size? This is very time consuming on Large 3d modals.

2,Why does Mastercam have to recaculate all the surfaces if you change the retract height?

3,If you are containing a Toolpath to a boundry it make sence to be able to select surfaces by a chain In and Intersecting.

4,A surace Toolpath that does Z slices on step ereas and step over passes on shallow ereas would be a big time saver Rather than doing Contour then Shallow.The shallow ereas on Surface finish contour is not effective.

4,With High speed option for surface rough pocket select only on Full material.Why does it do ereas more than the full width of cutter diameter?

Im not being negative towards MC in anyway I would just like to know the answers.

Thx in advance cheers.gifcheers.gif

~~~~~~~~

6,Why has Surface Rough Contour no Multi Passes?

~~~~~~~~

i USUALLY RUN 2 surface-finish-contours (rough and finish is the same ,basically ) with different stock to leave .

~~~~~~~~

I stil love Mastercam!!!!!

~~~~~~~~

Come on ,this is a problem ?

I don`t have any problems with ver 9 .

"4,A surace Toolpath that does Z slices on step ereas and step over passes on shallow ereas would be a big time saver Rather than doing Contour then Shallow.The shallow ereas on Surface finish contour is not effective."

if i am reading this right Surface, rough, contour does have a feature called shallow on the last parameter page. it allows the user to transition from steep to shallow areas by controlling the z step and the x,y stepover.

HTH, phil

if you are running v9. or higher, check c-hooks, there is one called tpcfg.dll. this c-hook has a checkbox for flats in 3d contours. enable it and you'll get a new box called flats in you're 3-d contour parameters page and mcam will finish flat levels w/in your boundaries