Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Computer Locking Up

Lumpnut

I've some thing like this.

When you miss-click by selecting entities (say for a chain or surfs for an operation), normally you get a beep and message "try again". In that case Mastercam lock up. This happen only on one computer. I've found that hitting "Ctrl-Alt-Del" followed by "Esc" (+/- 10 times) unlock this situation.

Mill 9, 9.1, 9.1Sp2

P4 2Mhz, 512Mb Nvidia Ti4200 (Time for a new one)

quote:

The computer doesn't slow down , it completely locks up. All open apps have to be ended through the task manager.

Well if you can get to the Task Manager, I guesss it doesn't completely lock up, right? wink.gif

quote:

Has this ever happened to you?

Has this ever not happened to anyone? wink.gif

Just call me Johnny "Answer A Question with Another Question". biggrin.gif

I have run into this also on several different computers...using Win 98, 2000 & XP. Seems to happen to me when I have some sort of model rendered up in mastercam, no other programs running. What appears to happen is that a bug in the program creates some sort of memory loop...that is it keeps using all the memory till its maxed out....the it uses the HD swap file till its full, then crash. I have Analog X's program, maxmem (clears out memory occasionally) & you can see when this problems start to happen....all memory resources get used. Very frustrating problem....