Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Geometry Colour

Lee.

Hi All.

When I'm creating geometry I use all kinds of whacky colours so that I can hide things at certain times etc.

But when I try to create edge curves from a solid, the colour is almost never what I asked for it to be. Rather frustrating, because when I want to keep it on the screen I have to find out it's colour by using select instead of just punching in the exact colour number.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, Lee

Did you change the color of the solid before creating the edge curves? I've noticed that even if I change the color of the solid, and then create surfaces from the solid, the surface color always ends up the same as the original solid, regardless of what geometry color is current. Does this sound like what's happening? It's like the color is associated to the solid regardless of other color settings.

Thad

I bet you imported your solid from Solidworks or other Cam .

If so ,the solid discription has or can have a different color settings for faces and edges

It can have 50 edges yellow and 50 green and faces of different colors

Mc shows you one color but when it convert your solid to surfaces or edges it retrieves original color description and use it

I saw your original colors and I`ve got what you got .

Consider this not as a bug but feature ,that is very useful for me sometimes ,like when I get parasolid solid with changes ,colored in different color .

Create surfaces on the different layer on your model and you will see this too

Teh Iskander`s voice

I did what you said and behold, two different colours. No matter what I want them to be, they turn out the same two colours. 94 and 12. I do wish there was a way to resolve this though, without drawing the whole thing brand new in MC.

banghead.gif