Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Which VMC?

Tony

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Evidently, somebody's panties are in a bunch, or somebody peed in their Cheerio's. LOL. Well Mr. Multax asked for a well reasoned rebuttal (not in so many words), so I will respond to what I feel is important and ignore the chaff.

quote:

Mr. Meyette, ......... you have mentioned that you had modified some 200 posts as a Mastercam sales representative. Post Processor Editing requires the utmost care in punctuation, syntax, spelling, and format. With that in mind Mr. Meyette, why do you find it so difficult to write and send posts to emastercam.com with complete sentences, paragraphs, and correctly spelled words? Mastercam’s Post Processor functionality does not tolerate infantile punctuation, syntax, spelling, and format errors.

I use the degree of precision I need in any given situation. For example, when I want to measure the diameter on a part I am machining that requires diameters within .0001, I would not use my dial calipers would I? No of course not. For that same reason I CHOOSE not carefully examine my replies with a scanning electron miroscope . I beieve that most would agree they understand my points and do not need the degree of precision that Post Processors require. When I am "telling" someone step by step how to accomplish a particular task, my degree of precision steps up because in those instances, it needs to.

quote:

Mr. Meyette, can you explain what diagnostic test results a ball bar can and cannot give? Can you tell us what type of instrument you would use to measure the surface finish of a part?

I chose to address this because some members of this forum may not know about how CNC accuracy data is collected, summarized, etc..., NOT because I thought it was a worthwhile question.

Ballbar tests are generallyused for roundness testing on CNC Machine Tools - specifically Machining Centers, but can be used to check positioning and repeatability.

If I were going to perform a test on a CNC Machine Tool to really check postitioning, repeatability, squareness, perpendicularity(sp?) and measurements of that nature, Laser would be the method of choice. With a laser, I can also test backlash, grid shift, and make adjustments to parameter settings to improve accuracy.

I do not need Webby to defend me. His assertion that I did not want to respond to your infantile "pissing" contest (for lack of a better term) was right on the mark. Any response would not have served any purpose other than to acknowledge your BANE existance here in this forum and to supplant your incessant need to express yourself in a manner that attempts to put yourself where you don't belong. Furthermore, speaking in third person is generally not necessary here.

quote:

....Multax does not boast....

It seems, well,.... a bit, childish

Leave the graemlins alone and the daemons too while you're at. What did they ever do to you?

Out!

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

After reviewing all these posts, I have decided to get out of machining all together.

Maybe cleaning or sales.

Actually I find opinion arguments interesting and harmless. Kind of like the "Ford" or "chevy" stuff.(notice the capitol on Ford only)

How about stone grinding? Should I buy a fifth Intermac or jump to Bavelloni or Brembana? Any takers?

Mellow Jim

The post that follows represents a private conversation between Multax and Meyette.

Dear Mr. Meyette

Multax challenged your first amendment knowledge, and your inchoate mind responded with, "so I will respond to what I feel is important and ignore the chaff." Mr. Meyette, a feeble and shallow mind can easily parrot the words of others. Please remind the emastercam.com community of one topic that you have started or commented on that has greater significance than the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Mr. Meyette, the following statement as written by you would lead people to believe that you desire civility and use measured words, “And on another note, I'd appreciate keeping the personal attacks at a minimum. This is a pretty friendly community and we'd like to keep it that way.” However your latest statement betrays you, “Evidently, somebody's panties are in a bunch, or somebody peed in their Cheerio's. LOL.” However, your allusions to women’s clothing and a bodily function clearly demonstrate your lowbrow vocabulary.

“I do not need Webby to defend me. His assertion that I did not want to respond to your infantile "pissing" contest (for lack of a better term) was right on the mark.” Mr. Meyette, again, your churlish vocabulary clearly demonstrates an inability to communicate politely and present yourself as a man among men with class. I do not believe, I cannot believe, that you would invite anyone into your home on a consistent basis to speak to your wife and children with the same vulgar speech that you have and continue to use on this forum.

Any response would not have served any purpose other than to acknowledge your BANE existance here in this forum and to supplant your incessant need to express yourself in a manner that attempts to put yourself where you don't belong. 1bane ˈbān n [ME, fr. OE bana; akin to OHG bano death, Av banta ill] (bef. 12c) 1 a obs : KILLER, SLAYER b : POISON c : DEATH, DESTRUCTION d : woe 2 : a source of harm or ruin : CURSE Mr. Meyette, in what sense do YOU use bane in the above sentence?

“. . . to supplant your incessant need to express yourself in a manner that attempts to put yourself where you don't belong.”

Please elaborate!

“Furthermore, speaking in third person is generally not necessary here.”

Why?

quote:

....Multax does not boast....

It seems, well,.... a bit, childish

How so, Mr. Meyette?

P.S.

Mr. Meyette

You mentioned that you listen to heavy metal, tell me, what musical form serves as the foundation of rock n’ roll?

Multax

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Multax ]

Hi Multax,

I see you don't live to far from me; do you work for a company in the San Fernando Valley?

Can I ask what company if I may ask?

Also who may i ask is your dealer for mastercam?

i think i all ready know.

thanks for any in put you can give me.

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Hey look everyone...

multax can copy a dictionary. he must be an english scholar or something.

Mr. Mayette,

So far the only time you have used this type of language is with posts relating to multax. I for one don't believe you speak this way on a regular basis, rather you speak to the level of the person you are speaking to. anyways keep fighting, its great entertainment for the rest of us ( and we usually agree with what you say biggrin.gif )

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

biss03,

You're right. I never speak that way unless I am where that is appropriate. I don't have the need to put myself above others. I'm just a regular person like most everybody in here that just happens to like to share what I know with others that ask. No more, no less.

Thanks,

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Multax,

2 : a source of harm or ruin

You've contributed so little to the good of this forum that you could be causing harm.

Since you're bringin up my "manhood" why don't you be a Man and reveal yourself? You're a real person ( I know I'm going out on a limb with that one) with a real identity. Stop hiding behind that facade of a nome de plume(sp?)? Until you reveal yourself, I'll not reply to another question/comment you pose. Go on, be a man.

Out.

The Machine...

It's coming down to the Fadal or the Big hurco...The V.P. say's times are so slow out there that whichever of the two comes down 15% off of list and No payment until 2002+

Win's.....

personally checking them all out, The Mazak

Was the best. Our owners Do not like Haas because someone told them "There for production only" so they were not allowed in my shoot out....Funny how that work's...

quote:

Our owners Do not like Haas because someone told them "There for production only" so they were not allowed in my shoot out....Funny how that work's...

In my experience, the "someone" mentioned above is usually a salesman for a competitor. How do these guys get a hold of the management's ear? I know that once management has made a decision (even though they usually have no idea what they are buying) nothing is going to change their mind (even if no paperwork has been signed) because admitting you made a mistake is apparently a virtue you lose once "Manager" or "Vice-President" or some such is added to the end of your name/title.

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, and I applaud any of you out there who do know what you're talking about and have the aforementioned suffixs on your business cards wink.gif

Tony,

Tell your boss you will hold a Knife to your computers throat until you get that new MAZAK.

Just to say what I mentioned earlier, by looking at the part you posted, "finishing" something like that could take a lot of time and you run the risk of losing detail. Fadal's will be good if this is not a problem for you. ust run the finish tool REALLY slow and you might get a pretty good finish. I can not say much about the Hurco you are looking at. I ran one to cut prototype putters & irons. That machine gave me a better finish than the Fadal's I run now. I was even cutting tungsten with them with very little hand finishing at high feed rates.

Which ever way you go, always remember that at least you have the best software?!?!?!?!?

Trevor Bailey

OMG, Multax!!! Get a life! Don't you have work to do?!?!?!

SHADDUP ALREADY!!!

We're all getting really tired of your potty mouth and bashing everything everyone says.

Poor guy probably has absolutely NO friends, male or particularly female. And the only satisfaction he gets outside his palm is to jump out of his toilet and up on the soap box. You are SOOOOO annoying. Be a good turd and flush, will you?

(Webby, you can delete this if you want, but I'm sure it's not far from the truth. And I doubt I'm the only one that feels this way. This forum is for helping others and, yes, stating opinions, but toilet man here is just a blubbering idiot that is doing absolutely NO good here, short of entertainment value. Which is getting old.)

Mayhaps we should take a vote on banning Multmouth from the forum, since we can't put him on ignore...

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Tony,

Just for curiosity's sake, is there any reason why you are only looking at VMC's? I personally prefer Horizontals. Higher part density, better chip evacuation, 4 Axis, and the list goes on.