Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Highfeed Machining for Fadal 4020 & Mori MV-40

Smit

Hi all,

Has anybody done the test to see what the cornering acceleration in G's is for a Fadal 4020 10000 RPM, linear way machine, or a Mori Seiki MV-40 8000 RPM machine. I'm attempting to set up the highfeed machine dynamics for these two machines. Also if anybody uses or has tried this function of MC8 and would share their experiences I would like to hear them.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

I have used the highfeed feature with V7 & V8. I am running Fadal's now, unfortunately, and they are really bad on cornering. The feature works great for keeping a constant chip load on the tool. I specifically use it when working with steels and stainless. My tools last much longer. I have not changed any of the factory settings of highfeed and as I said, it has worked well for me.

Maybe the guys & girls at CNC can include the info you request for highfeed machining when we, the user, initially set up the software.

Trevor Bailey

we have a fadal 3016 box way machine 10,000 rpm. we bought metacut toolpath optimization

package.

we had to do a number of g force acceleration tests at various diameters and speeds . from there we input the data in to a graph . we program all tools to the max ,

and let meta cut do the rest . ie: it puts in

the g8 and g9 for accel and decel , it arc fits and puts in the g19 or g18 for the correct plane . and if your mori does 3d arcs,then it will do that to .

we have found this investment to be worth every penny. smile.gif

we tried the mastercam highfeed. but feel the meta cut ( northwood filter) is more refined .

I've used the high feed option with Haas machining centers for a year or so.

Haas controls have a user defined setting

for maximum allowable deviation from programmed toolpath.

I use MC's highfeed module to kick up the feed rate during air time and let the control

handle the accel, deccel and cornering issues.

In the CHOOK folder there is a file named

HFAPP_V8.DOC. It gives good instructions

on how to find the G value for a machine.

I was told at a users seminar that 5 identical machining centers coming off an

assembly line would have 5 different G values.

Checking that out would be an interesting experiment.

GMENZIES please could u send me parameters for ur machine in metacut as i have the same fadal and i want to try this highfeed machining.

also if u have a post for mastercam that can utilize this it would be good as the metacut version i have only supports .nci files and my present post will not output varable feed rates.

thanks in advance

cool.gif

Be VERY careful using G-force parameters from a different machine. EVERY SINGLE MACHINE is going to be slightly different (Even if they came off the assembly line right after each other). You can use an existing database as a reference to start from, but don't expect the exact same results.

RAJ

sending you my post will not do you any good.

it is meta cut that refines the nc code.

my post is set up to output to 6 decimal places. ie: if i set my cut tolarance to .0001 in mastercam . them i prosecc in meta cut at .0002 and it filters the toolpath down to 4 decimal places . metacut

decides for me where to adjust the feed rates

arc filtering, accel and decel

go to http://www.nwdesigns.com/

or phone these guys . they are very eager to help you .

also I am not sure how mastercam feels about sending posts to other users. my dealer has a copy . we paid inhouse to refine our post

to work with the sub routines that version 8

takes advantage of. i have only had to use my dnc once in the last two months , because

of this little gem . allos it is not really mine to give out. it belongs to the company i work for.

possibly cnc could give some giudlines on this issue of freely distributing posts ?

regards Gord tongue.gif

Generally if your dealer wants your post to only work for you they will make a portion of it binary and encode it to work only with your SIM. Posts are not the property of CNC Software, but of the person (or company) who created them. You would have to check with your dealer as to any kind of license agreement regarding posts.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

From my past experience, Mori Seiki has been a bit secretive with certain specifications pertaining to acceleration and deceleration, g's etc... The best advice I can offer you is to spend the time, do the testing. It will pay off in the long run. I know convincing bosse that it will pay off can be on the difficult side, but trust me, it is worth it.

Now to add to gstephens said, acc/dec parameters are machine specific. PERIOD I would take a look at another "identical" machine's parameters, but just for reference only. Each individual servo motor, servo control board is slightly different. Though the differences are miniscule, they add up and changing a parameter the wrong way can do nasty things from breaking tools in the corners to reall sluggish performance. I would suggest you do your homework here as well. Take the Fanuc Parameter manual home and read through the acc/dec parameters sections. Find out that the numbers mean and call your local Mori Seiki distributor and ask for some suggestions on enhancing the performance of your machine. Remember that you machine's servos were most likely tuned for the mean(halfway between the maximum and nothing) load that it is capable of running.

Just a few pointers.