Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation defaults library

jeff

Something is gonna get SMASHED if I don't figure this out!!!

I have a job with multiple details that have the same ops using the same tools.

I save to library all the ops,then I switch to a different .MC9 file get the ops from library,and the damn settings are not set to what I set them to!

And there are tools there that I am not even using!

I know the general idea of how this works and have used this before with no problems.

But for some reason,my settings like speeds and feeds and tool #'s are not being saved.

they are reverting back to the default tool values.

And I even created a 12mm carbide drill with my own values,saved it, and it's gone!

Like I said above,

Something is gonna get SMASHED with a BFH!!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I'll try importing from job setup.

Thanks.

Re-booting my pc isn't really an option,because I installed a new vid card and there are some conflicts with my sound card.

It takes 4EVER to re-boot (5 minutes).

And I have no sound.

Jeff teh don't wanna switch back from a 256mb to a 32mb vid card.

Jeff teh need a new work pc.

Jeff teh need a raise.

Another day SAME PROBLEM!

I am getting very stressed out here!

In my op library,I have about 7 ops using 3 different tools.

The first tool I have as T2.

The second tool I have as T1.

The 3rd is T11.

The problem is that when Import the ops into my current file, the tool nubmers change!!!

T1 is now T7,and T11 is now T8.

I am pretty sure this has someyhing to do with job setup, but I can't figure out whaty to change!

I though I have tried ecery option that is in job setup.

Help me before I go INSANE please!

p.s.

the tools ARE saved in my library as the tool #'s that I want them to be.

Jeff,

I believe that your problem is that you must check the box: "Disable duplicate tool checking"

This feature will do you in! if you are not ready for it.

From Help:

7. Duplicate tool checking compares the tools used in the imported operations and eliminates them if there is a duplicate tool already used in the current job. Check Disable duplicate tool checking to allow duplicate tools to be imported.

Mike

~~~~~~~

Re-booting my pc isn't really an option,because I installed a new vid card and there are some conflicts with my sound card.

It takes 4EVER to re-boot (5 minutes).

And I have no sound.

~~~~~~~~~

we can discuss it and correct it .

First of all ensure that you have enabled plug and play OS support in BIOS settings

Need to know specs of vid. and sound cards ,and if the sound on-board card or not

input-output range ,memory range and used interrupt request for both of them ,types,your OS and so on

I don't know why, but, new file, op manager, get from library the ops that I need, THEN MERGE a file in, this works!!!!

Thanks everyone or the input,Iskander I do want to fix my vid-sound issue, but I can't right now I am busier than a cat burying sh!T.

I will ask in a few days.

Jeff,

I had the same thing happen to me a few years back. I was using V7, I think. Anyway, it was exactly like you describe it. Ultimately, I ended up deleting and recreating those ops in my library. Never had a problem after that. Maybe it's just a Michigan thing? biggrin.gif

Thad

Jeff since you have nothing to lose why don't you try from beginning. Don't edit what you have in there, but start from scratch. Make sure all the job settings are correct before doing anything... Compress your new op9. file. Now through the explorer rename the file extension to .mc9 format. Open up the file in mastercam like a regular part file and resave it (as mc.9). Close the file. Rename the extension back to op9. through the explorer. See if it worked.

As of now I have over 600 operations in my library, and no problems with it. I learned early on to make sure everything is right the first time.