Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Training

Jim at Gentex

Just wondering... headscratch.gif

Are any of the resellers here on the forum planning any formalized training sessions specifically targeted to familiarize people with Version X after it is released? I don't want to have to find all the bells and whistles on my own...I might miss some!!

Jim teh sign me up!! cheers.gif

There is some new functionality, new surface types, new toolpath options. But overall it is Mastercam. CNC is working real hard at keeping all current functionality, plus more and putting it into a new, streamlined interface.

From CNC:

Goals of our interface design

---Easy to use

---Reduce the number of keystrokes

Some test that I have done have shown 30-50% reduction in keystrokes.

quote:

I just want to know what you guys are

hearing and why training is required

Sorry THREEPT82...I didn't mean to suggest training would be required for the new version. I simply wanted to know if re-sellers would be offering sessions to familiarize users with all of the new version's bells and whistles instead of having us try to find and figure them out by ourselves. I don't know for sure, but I believe from what I've heard the new version may have a somewhat different look and feel that may be hard for some users to get used to at first.

Sorry if I was misunderstood.

bonk.gif

biggrin.gif

From what I have seen of X, the biggest learning curve will be for those of us that use Mastercam as our primary CAD system. The toolpaths and other machining specific functions are a lot easier to learn.

I will highly recommend some kind of update training to customers. The change is far, far more profound than going from V7 to V8, or V8 to V9. From the sounds of things, CNC Software is also compiling some good transitional training material for existing Mastercam users.

Me and the other trainer for Cali Cad-Cam Consulting are putting together training and updating for both are offices.

So for those under Cad-Cam consulting will have plenty of opportunity to get training for both offices.

We just showed about 60 of are customers today some how to work in MC-X and what new and coming with the new release.

A lot of new and improved options coming.

here is a great training tool, why not release a beta version of demo MCX to current maintanance customers to begin getting used to it idea.gif so what if there are a few bugs in it.... we are used to that tongue.gif . it may also releave some tension from the company owners that fliped the bill for maintance costs that at face value are wondering what they paid for. you and I know whats been getting better in V9.1 but my boss dont stand around whatching me show the little hidden improvments to him.