Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mazak battery

JOVATO8

There is one on each drive.

Open the main electrical cabinet and look for a little door on the left top of each servo drive. If you open the little door you'll find the battery. I don't remember the codes that flash, but I think the bad one will be flashing something different from the others.

They are about $80 bucks each.

Change them with power on to prevent loss of memory while battery is out.

I tried to find an alternate source for the battery but could not.

We ad battery problems with our Mazak. The service guy sent us to the local battery store, got replacement for $45.00. This was on VMC(AJV). On our other Mazak VMC (V414), it takes a very small battery. The service guy sent us to the local electronics store to purchase cell phone battery to replace the Mazak battery at 1/4 the price. We had to connect wire from cell phone battery, but wasn't a problem. Sound like a lot of rigging. I wasn't that bad and you would never know the difference if you didn't know to look.

I hadn't thought about cell phone batteries.

I tried Batteries Plus and they didn't have anything.

If you're OK with leaving the battery dangling in the cabinet, go with anything that works.

Ours went out on the B axis. Kind of a sucky job re-homeing that hummer.

I agree with Millman, keep it running if it is. If it's off and you need to get it going, fire it up and reset the axis parameters and run. The installer should have saved those parameters when the machine was new. Mazak can talk you through the parameters over the phone. Then just keep it running till the new battery is in and charged.

For at least 5 years, the battery in the VQC 15/40 was very low and would cause the internal floppy to read when I turned on the machine. This takes about 3 minuets as I am sure that others would also agree. The sealed motorcycle type battery on the left inside door was the culprit.

I was told that the replacement would cost 200US and therefore opted to replace this with a new tractor battery. It’s huge but does the trick. It fits nicely in the cabinet and not the door.

Regards, Jack