Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G code for Mori Seiki SL-3 lathe, Fanuc control

Lucian

I am interested in programming a mid 1980's vintage Mori Seiki SL-3 CNC Lathe with Fanuc control using Mastercam. I have read that these older machines utilize different g code commands.

Does anyone know how the code may differ from todays code and would mastercam be suited for progamming this machine? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Finding a post for it should take care of your problems. Have you contacted your reseller for a post? Do you have some sample code that you could post here?

I'm not familiar with that machine, but if you have specific post tweaking questions, fire away. The guys and gals here are pretty sharp and can get you headed in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

Welcome,

quote:

would mastercam be suited for progamming this machine?

Absolutely.

Thad is correct just a matter of getting the post correct for your Machine.

What modal Fanuc controller is it?

cheers.gifcheers.gif

[ 01-30-2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: DavidB ]

quote:

vintage Mori Seiki SL-3 CNC

Are you kidding me?

This thing may be a bit slow, but will run circles around a lot of newer ones when it comes to tolerance smile.gif

I know, we've got one on the floor biggrin.gif

Regular mplfanuc post should do the trick but be CAREFULL it could have Z axis flipped wink.gif

Is it 11T control?

Kind regards, MArk

Seen a pre DNC capable Mori and the Z axis was flipped. I think this machine was a 1979 and yeah could hold a tolerence like no-ones business after 20 something years. The g-codes are the same as stated just tayor the post to the machine and done from there. I hope you do not need a BTR(Behined the Tap Reader) for this or hope you already have one. They are sometimes called Greko boxs, Memory storeage amoung other things. Get that and should be smooth sailing from there.

Here is a link to a very well knowledgeable guy when it comes to BTR William Timms

HTH

quote:

You also need to change G03 to G02 and G02 to G03

Plus need to flipped the sign of the I value.

Post has switches for this CR.

If you trying to use program from different lathe on the one with flipped axis there is VB script on ftp that will do this, courtesy of Roger Martin from CNC Software

Kind regards, MArk