Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sterio Lithography machines

Jerome

Well New they are about $250,000 and up. I would say if getting a used one good luck Lasers are like $20,000 and need to be replaced every so often as well. If you get a used one the laser might be no good. If looking to do molds out of SLA material good luck not very strong and if you make big cross sections it will not work very well it works best making small section of material not large. THE SLS would be a better choice seeing how it uses better stronger Material than SLA Machine does.

HTH and good luck

What are you looking at prototyping. If there are small parts around 8x8x10 you might look at Stratasys Dimension SST or BST. They use ABS plastic, very strong and durable. Plus the machines run around $45,000. I would stay away from SLA machines not they aren't bad machines they are great but very expensive especially the epoxy resin or other resins they use.

Stratasys have great machines as well as 3D Systems who are the main in SLA machines so look at these two companies.

If you are looking for something cheaper you might try a LOM machine from Akira Corp. which use butcher paper for thier media. E-mail me if you have any questions here as I have worked with different types of prototype machines.

I have 1 Dimension machine and I am considering purchasing another. The output is + - 0.01 but more importantly is gives you something to hold in your hand. I have been using it for student design courses and so far it has exceeded my expectations. Would like the option to do polycarb for clear parts but that machine is 100K plus so the budget won't handle it. Cool fast changing technology, I would buy cheap now and watch for lowering prices and changes to the technology in the near future.

Jerome,

We have a Dimension machine and we sell rapid prototypes as a service. It's hard to say the cost of a prototype because it depends on the volume of plastic used and the time required to complete the part. If you e-mail me a file I can give you a price quote for your model.