Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cursor Color?

Andy

Good point Greg.

For the most part, always use nVidia's own Detonator3 drivers with video cards containing one of the following chipsets: nVidia TNT, nVidia TNT2, nVidia TNT2 Pro, nVidia TNT2 Ultra, nVidia Vanta, nVidia TNT2 Model 64, Aladdin TNT2, GeForce 256, GeForce DDR, Quadro, and GeForce2 GTS. Some of the OEMs like Elsa and Creative Labs insist that you use their drivers, instead of nVidia's. However, the OEMs drivers are usually never as good as nVidia's.

As of this moment, I'm hearing rumors that nVidia is preparing to release an update to its Detonator drivers. Obviously, they'll be called Detonator4. Should be out sometime this week or next week. Hope this helps smile.gif

Bullines,

I'm using 2 elsa erazorx cards at work and eventhough the Mastercam performance is good I'm disappointed otherwise. Of course I was told to get the latest drivers from Elsa which I have bookmarked because I'm constantly looking for a better driver from them.Which driver is the ticket for win2k sp1

and elsa erazorx?

The Erazor X cards have Geforce 256 chipsets, I think. You should definitely use nVidia's Detonator drivers. My personal system at home is a Dell Dimension and Dell made the Geforce 256 card that I got with it. Dell always mentioned in its documentation "always use device drivers from Dell". I followed that advice for a while, but after trying the Detonator drivers on a whim, I was amazed. Performance really is a lot better with the Detonator drivers. Try the Detonator drivers out and you shouldn't be disappointed. Hope this helps smile.gif

I tried today, too. Maybe they're redesigning or preparing for a launch of some kind. In the meantime, the Detonator3 drivers can be downloaded from the following CNet URLs:

- Windows 2000: http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10110-100-6353450.html

- Windows 9x: http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10110-100-3163416.html

If you still can't download from these, it's probably because CNet leeches from an nVidia server. Hopefully the Detonator4 drivers come out sooner than later smile.gif

Well, I downloaded Detonator 3 and installed it and my cursor is still black. Now I am going to reinstall MC8

Andy confused.gif

Re installing MC Did not help.

This video card is an

ASUS GeForce2 MX-400 nvidia

Windows ME

I find it very difficult to work in any other thing than a black background.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks,

Andy

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Andy ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I'd be willing to bet it's a combination of factors, one being the weak(at best) OS and poor support for industrial strength drivers for said OS. Not to be mean but I'd junk Winblows ME and go with either Win NT or Windows 2000 Pro. 2000 Pro is obviously my top choice because you get plug and play AND stability.

JMHO

I have a new Dell laptop with an Nvidia Geforce2 GO, 32MB, running on Win2000.

Love the computer, but have to turn Hardware Accel down to the second to last notch or I get repaint problems on the screen (square splotches appearing, etc) forcing a lot of F3 regens.

The performance did definitely degrade some from turning down the hardware accel. Still acceptable, but dynamic rotations of shaded parts are not nearly as smooth as before.

I have not experienced any problems with the cursor, though.

The computer is only a week or so old, so I assume I have the latest drivers.

p.s. Win2000 rocks. I mean, it REALLY rocks. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. If you're getting a new computer, forget ME or 98; go 2000.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

I went ahead and downloaded the latest driver from Dell ver 7.8.4.0 and installed it (R28509.exe); even though the driver was supposedly the same rev as the driver shipped with my computer.

Bingo. Hardware accel full bore; no problemo. A 300 surface file spins like a tumbling dice. Way cool...

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

Here's a link to any NVIDIA driver you could ever want. http://www.nvnews.net/files/files.shtml

The NVIDIA's unified driver architecture

link will take you straight to NVIDIA's

official download page.

I'm currently running a Dell workstation

with an Elsa Synergy III dual monitor card

and 2 Dell flat screens. (Quadro2 MXR chip)

I'm running the drivers from the official site, (ver 5.13.01.1241) and everything is running very well. If you install the

latest selfinstalling driver, be sure to turn off your virus software. I didn't and it caused me some trouble the first time around

rolleyes.gif

Michael, and all.

So I uninstalled MC8 using add/remove programs and installed MC8 and still have black cursor. ???????

Well, next is goodbye ME and hello W2K .

A little afraid to install W2K. Will I have to re-install all my programs and how complicated will it all get?

Thanks,

Andy

Not sure about going from ME to 2000 on the same computer. I would think you'd want to reformat the hard drive just to make sure everything was clean.

CADCAM about the drivers. Good idea, but these are about 4mb and so many different ones out there (for example you can't use regular Nvidia drivers for laptops). Probably best to point out the valuable links and let people grab the latest and greatest direct from the manufacturers.

I got mine directly off the Dell site www.dell.com