Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

random "F0."

kkominiarek

I've found 1 post mentioning...when using Mcam HSM.....F0. can be output by accident. (this is a logged bug)

I am not using HSM.......every couple of months a program will post with F0.'s in it.

.....very frustrating on o/n runs frown.gif

On my op page....

feedrate, plungerate have values

retract rate always set to zero

rapid retract always checked

Any clue on what is causing this?

Could be sneaking in if in jobsetup you have calc feed from tool checked and create a new tool.

Could also be in post if retract feed is set to zero. There are still some situations where the post will look at the retract rate for the feed value.

Instead of changing every program you could add something like:

If feed = 0, feed = default_value

OK I'm not hijacking, but what would be the cause if you get a plunge rate and then it does not go back to feed rate on the next line, but continues at plunge rate until next "jump" with G0?

This happens intermittently and seemingly without cause from tool, fr, type of program,(always a sweep prg), or any other settings, and it may only happen once in a very large prg.

I'll have to check if the statement Jimmy used above says plunge instead of default, and then it would be close, but not the same problem.

I think it is a mistake to put in a '0' value for retract rate. It's like asking for trouble. Put in any reasonable number, preferably the feed rate, and with rapid retract checked it shouldn't read it, but if it does for any reason, no harm done.

Some surface toolpaths appear to use the Plunge and Retract feedrates when making steep Z moves. Because of this, I almost always set the 3 feedrates the same when surfacing.

Just my $.02 .....

I encounter this situation occasionally too. When I see that alarm, I immediatly know it's caused by a under-defined tool on my part. I always set retract rate to the feed rate.

Think of it this way too, do you really want the tool to retract at f0. ? Probably not, if it encounters a retract move, it has to feed something.

The default setup in V8 (I think) had rapid retract checked. When V9 was released, the rapid retract was unchecked. This caused me grief for a while, because I normally put in a retract feedrate of 0, and use rapid retract. Its never caused an problem with me, expect at the beginning of V9, when I missed the checking of the rapid retract, and all my retracts were F0 (machine alarms up)